Block List Stall

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
blurhonda
New User
New User

Block List Stall

Post by blurhonda »

I was wondering how long it typically takes to import a block list. I was trying to load one of the Peer Guardian 2 sublists from bluetack (http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/level1.gz), but the prompt stalled for minutes on end at "Importing Block List". There was no error message or anything, just no indication that any action, besides being prompted that action was about to take place, was occurring. Was I just impatient?

Do you even need to import a block list directly into Deluge if you already have PG2 set up block the list you're trying to import?

Thanks in advance for your help.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Block List Stall

Post by johnnyg »

blurhonda wrote:I was wondering how long it typically takes to import a block list. I was trying to load one of the Peer Guardian 2 sublists from bluetack (http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/level1.gz), but the prompt stalled for minutes on end at "Importing Block List". There was no error message or anything, just no indication that any action, besides being prompted that action was about to take place, was occurring. Was I just impatient?

Do you even need to import a block list directly into Deluge if you already have PG2 set up block the list you're trying to import?

Thanks in advance for your help.
you either deluge's blocklist plugin or PG2, no need to use both.
as for why it stalled, it was probably trying to download the latest blocklist but bluetack's servers weren't responding.
blurhonda
New User
New User

Post by blurhonda »

johnnyg wrote:you either deluge's blocklist plugin or PG2, no need to use both.
as for why it stalled, it was probably trying to download the latest blocklist but bluetack's servers weren't responding.
Got it. Thanx John.
Phil Collins

Post by Phil Collins »

I'm having the same problem blurhonda was having (i.e., attempts to import a blocklist result in the prompt stalling and nothing happening). I'm not sure, but his solution may have been to just use PeerGuardian instead of the blocklist plugin. I recently installed Vista, and don't have the option of using a stable version of PeerGuardian...

Whenever the prompt stalls, I have deleted the blocklist.conf file and tried again. If the problem is that bluetack's servers are not responding, this issue has persisted for days at this point.

Any suggestions? I'm a computer novice and a Deluge noob. My hope is that there is a simple solution, and that the expertise on this board can help guide me towards it. Thanks for reading my post :)
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

Do you have any other plugins enabled?
On Windows XP I know that the blocklist plugin doesn't work whenever the Web UI is enabled.
This could also very well be the case with Vista.