Feature Request: Force Recheck

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
hirak99

Feature Request: Force Recheck

Post by hirak99 »

Hi,
It will be great to have a force recheck option which will scan the entire file/files against the torrent hash, and check
1) If there's any garbled piece, in which case it will disregard them as already downloaded.
2) If out of the parts which Deluge does not yet know that are downloaded, some match the download hash [this could typically happen if another torrent client downloaded those pieces]. In this case, Deluge should treat these sections as already downloaded.

This is an option in uTorrent and I find it very helpful.

Regards,
Arnab
bidossessi

Re: Feature Request: Force Recheck

Post by bidossessi »

once again, i second this request, as i feel it's the second feature missing from deluge to make it perfect; the first being splitting seeding and leeching into separate queues
OpenSuse 10.3 /kernel 2.6.22.13-default /AMD64/512Mib RAM/Nvidia FX5500/Deluge from OpenSuse RPM repository ( 2.5.8)
Ubuntu Gutsy /kernel 2.6.22.14-generic /P4/1Gib RAM/Nvidia FX5200/Deluge from Deluge web package ( 2.5.8 )
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

hirak99 wrote:Hi,
It will be great to have a force recheck option which will scan the entire file/files against the torrent hash, and check
1) If there's any garbled piece, in which case it will disregard them as already downloaded.
2) If out of the parts which Deluge does not yet know that are downloaded, some match the download hash [this could typically happen if another torrent client downloaded those pieces]. In this case, Deluge should treat these sections as already downloaded.

This is an option in uTorrent and I find it very helpful.

Regards,
Arnab
This is not available in libtorrent and thus not available in Deluge.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

It has been noted that if you remove and readd a torrent it will be checked again. Couldn't this process be done automatically by deluge to force a re-check?
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

gazpachoking wrote:It has been noted that if you remove and readd a torrent it will be checked again. Couldn't this process be done automatically by deluge to force a re-check?
Yes and it has been considered.
hirak99

Post by hirak99 »

andar wrote:
gazpachoking wrote:It has been noted that if you remove and readd a torrent it will be checked again. Couldn't this process be done automatically by deluge to force a re-check?
To elaborate 'considered', readding the torrent counts as hacking and bad coding (please don't ask me why), so and they will not implement it in the official release. I would have done it, but I am sure my patch would not be accepted.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

hirak99 wrote:
andar wrote:
To elaborate 'considered', readding the torrent counts as hacking and bad coding (please don't ask me why), so and they will not implement it in the official release. I would have done it, but I am sure my patch would not be accepted.
instead of throwing things around, maybe you could've searched the forum, as this has been discussed to death. to make things clear, here: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... side#p2655
Lattyware
New User
New User

Post by Lattyware »

If it would not be accepted into the main code, then I guess a plugin to do this would be in order. Maybe that and a feature request to libtorrent.
--Lattyware
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

markybob wrote: instead of throwing things around, maybe you could've searched the forum, as this has been discussed to death. to make things clear, here: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... side#p2655
Sorry.