Testing active port gave the green dot before I had a wifi router, now through the router im getting a yellow triangle.

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Dittle
New User
New User

Testing active port gave the green dot before I had a wifi router, now through the router im getting a yellow triangle.

Post by Dittle »

I don't know if it is because my router is blocking something or what. I was hoping it would be the same connection I had through just my modem but no luck. The router I have is a Linksys EA6400. Does anyone have experience with this router and know how to fully open it up to use with Deluge?
Shryp

Re: Testing active port gave the green dot before I had a wifi router, now through the router im getting a yellow triang

Post by Shryp »

You have to set up the port forwarding through the router. The uPnP setting might work, but manual configuration is better.
Dittle
New User
New User

Re: Testing active port gave the green dot before I had a wifi router, now through the router im getting a yellow triang

Post by Dittle »

I forwarded port range 50000-65000 and it accepted the change I made but no ports show as open still. I must be missing something...
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

You really only need one port (as long as nothing else steals it while deluge is closed). I just set the min and max to the same number on mine and then forward that single port through my router.
Dittle
New User
New User

Post by Dittle »

Hmm, I tried just doing 1 port. It still does not show as open when I test. Is it necessary to have a static ip address to use port forwarding?
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

No. You have a firewall issue somewhere.