torrents not dowloading

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
shahram

torrents not dowloading

Post by shahram »

I have been using deluge for a while now,
from time to time, I noticed some of my torrents aren't downloading,
after a few more of those, I decided to investigate the situation and after trying a few other torrents clients, I realized it downloads just fine with those other clients.
after further investigations, I found out that some trackers are returning 0 / (or 1 unconnectable, usually myself) peers and apparently while other clients move on to other trackers and get the peers , deluge stops on the first ones and so the download fails, how is this possible?
and from my understanding this is by design and there is no plan to fix it.
:oops:
sleeper
New User
New User

Re: torrents not dowloading

Post by sleeper »

I think your problem is the same as mine. Have you tried removing and re-adding your torrent. I bet when you do you will see that it takes off.

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =7&t=52199
shahram

Post by shahram »

the problem is something else,
to my knowledge, the problem is that if your torrent has multiple trackers and the first tracker checked, connects but returns 0/unreachable peers, deluge only uses that tracker and completely ignores the others, so your download never works.
apparently this is some sort of standard specification to be followed, with the price of crippling your torrent client, something that many other torrent clients don't follow because of impracticality/usability/reliability and creating something that works rather than following some ancient protocol.
I was attracted to deluge for the rss feature, but now it's time to leave,
I would want to use something that works.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

You can change how the trackers work with the ltconfig plugin.
sleeper
New User
New User

Post by sleeper »

So are you saying when you remove the torrent and re-add it, it still does not download?
I think when you do that it reorders the trackers which is why it starts downloading for me.
shahram

Post by shahram »

sleeper wrote:So are you saying when you remove the torrent and re-add it, it still does not download?
I think when you do that it reorders the trackers which is why it starts downloading for me.
you might as well, just edit the tracker list manually. though I have not seen any randomness in tracker selection, it is always the same.
anyhow, it just defeats the purpose of add & download, I think if there was no alternatives, one might accept the situation as is.
thanks anyways,
Shryp wrote:You can change how the trackers work with the ltconfig plugin.
now, that might do something, somehow it didn't come up in any of my searches or multi tracker conversations I found,
I must investigate.
thanks.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

Get plugins here:
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins
You will need the LtConfig plugin to edit the settings.

You are looking for the 2 options:

announce_to_all tiers
announce_to_all_trackers

Here is the libtorrent documentation page. Just search for one of those keywords. They are right next to each other on the list.
http://www.libtorrent.org/reference-Settings.html