uTorrent Import Plugin: Painlessly Migrate to Deluge!

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
laharah

uTorrent Import Plugin: Painlessly Migrate to Deluge!

Post by laharah »

Hi There!

I've upgraded my uTorrent to Deluge script into a full fledged plugin!

It should be massively easier to use, and It's now cross-platform.

Link to source, instructions and download: https://github.com/Laharah/deluge-uTorrentImport

Features:

[*] Cross-platform
[*] Auto-search for uTorrent torrents and info
[*] Wine mapping support
[*] Support for importing per-torrent bandwidth options
[*] Option for maintaining the "Added Date" from uTorrent
[*] Super Easy, only one button!

Let me know what you guys think, or if there are any features you want me to add!

Dudenell

Re: uTorrent Import Plugin: Painlessly Migrate to Deluge!

Post by Dudenell »

Thank you SO MUCH for making this plugin / script. This made it so much easier to move away from utorrent.
wormer
New User
New User

Post by wormer »

Hello everyone! And thank laharah for the plugin! It is very popular, nice, and easy to use! If only I knew about it earlier...

I have encountered a problem, and I think many people step on the same rake twice. Before I discovered the plugin the first thing I tried was to import my half thousand .torrent files from uTorrent using Downloads category in Preferences:

Too bad Deluge copied all these files to it's internal directory, assigned random hash names and deleted originals without a prompt. Of course this didn't help because the operation didn't respect torrent data files paths in the file system - it asked me to download everything once again, which is definitely not that I needed.

This is where I discovered your plugin. I found uTorrent's resume.dat and copied my .torrent files back from Deluge's directory to their previous location. The problem is that now their names are all messed up! and the import procedure can't find a thing. All files are there but there is no way to import a thing - that's frustrating.

What I ask, if there is really no way to restore original file names of .torrents before their import (I tried to restore deleted files with some data recovery software, but unfortunately this didn't help), can you please add an option to apply the same hash procedure that is applied by Deluge during default import to all file names during plugin import procedure from resume.dat?

I really believe this can help many, because it looks like a common workflow for those trying to import stuff and ending with corrupt file names.
БлагоЯр
New User
New User

Post by БлагоЯр »

How to be?

PS. Torrent-files are located on the mounted ntfs-partition.
Attachments
снимок1.png
снимок1.png (277.58 KiB) Viewed 15795 times
sh0gost
New User
New User

Post by sh0gost »

God bless you, laharah! Everything was fine. I have around 50 torrents in utorrent.
HailStorm
New User
New User

Post by HailStorm »

Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you again! Your plugin saved me hours!!! Imported 400+ torrents in just a few minutes! Will take somewhat longer to "force recheck" them all, but very impressed at the ease of use of your plugin!
basecase
New User
New User

Post by basecase »

Looks interesting.
Reseeding made easy.....https://github.com/basecaseFM/transmission-reseeder/blob/master/makeDirectoryForSeed.sh