Deluge re-downloads files downloaded on a disconnected disk

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
stanny

Deluge re-downloads files downloaded on a disconnected disk

Post by stanny »

If I start Deluge and the hard disk with already downloaded torrents is disconnected (or on standby), instead of notifying me that the files are not found, Deluge automatically starts re-downloading all files. When I connect the hard disk (or wake it from standby), I have to force-recheck all files in Deluge so that Deluge recognizes them and continues where it actually stopped with the progress, instead of downloading them from scratch. Since I have dozens of GB of torrents, the force-recheck can take a really long time.

How do I prevent Deluge from automatically re-downloading files, instead of first notifying me that the files are not found?
nairu
New User
New User

Re: Deluge re-downloads files downloaded on a disconnected d

Post by nairu »

Hello! I am using Deluge Client: 1.3.11 , libtorrent: 0.16.17.0 , on linux mint 13 (maya) 64-bit!
I was going to ask the same question! I have the same problem. My laptop's internal HDD is small(300GB), and I have several external(USB) disks.
For example, say I have several torrents(downloaded or in the process of downloading) of more than 30GB each, on External Disk 1. If I open deluge, and the External Disk 1 is not mounted(it is turned off), deluge will start to download again(but on my internal disk) all that is already downloaded(100% or less) on External Disk 1, creating the same paths(that I have on my external ones) on /media ....where I mount all my external disks. The only column that is not showing information correctly is column: Progress , which shows 0.00% for all the torrents I have on external disk that was not started when I started deluge.
Very frustrating problem, and so much energy wasted, by downloading torrents again or rechecking hundreds of GB all the time i start deluge. And if I supposedly pause all the torrents on External Disk 1, before I quit deluge, then when i start deluge with External Disk 1 being turned off it will not want to download torrents on External Disk 1, BUT if I turn on External Disk 1, then I HAVE TO Force Re-check all the torrents I have on that external disk, in order for deluge to see the correct Progress of each torrent!
Well, I have more than 5 external disks, and I will not turn on all of them every time I start deluge, because every external disk has some kind of data, and I may not need that kind of data at that time.
I hope I made myself clear, explaining my BIGGEST problem with deluge. I moved completely to linux mint from windows, 2 years ago, and I remember that utorrent was not having this problem!
nairu
New User
New User

Re: Deluge re-downloads files downloaded on a disconnected d

Post by nairu »

I have found this problem in another post: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =7&t=49271
How can we put it on the Bugs Section, so that maybe someone will fix it!?
phaseform
New User
New User

Re: Deluge re-downloads files downloaded on a disconnected disk

Post by phaseform »

Think I may have solved this for me