Transfer seeding torrents from utorrent to deluge?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Dr.BubbLeZ

Transfer seeding torrents from utorrent to deluge?

Post by Dr.BubbLeZ »

hello! my private torrent tracker for music has stopped allowing utorrent, for good reason i hear, and i had updated to the banned version. i want to continue seeding those torrents through deluge, but after about an hour of googling i can't seem to understand anything or find a straight answer on how to move files from utorrent to deluge. if i cannot transfer the files i believe i may get banned for not seeding enough! please help!

thanks for you time
Dr.Bubblez
pelham456
New User
New User

Re: Transfer seeding torrents from utorrent to deluge?

Post by pelham456 »

since no one else is answering, i'll just state that i'm a lo-tech newb, but managed to work it out no problem. it's not so much a matter of moving anything, it's a matter of having a diff client ACCESSING your partials.

i wasted a lot of time setting up separate folders for "uTor torrents", "deluge torrent", "uTors completed", etc., when, in fact, all i rly needed to do was to BOOT UP DELUGE. it reads the torrent files in the uTor folder (assuming you point it to the right one) and should be able to see the partials. if not, do "force recheck" -- default for uTor is to do this on every startup, while deluge seems to wait until specifically asked.

if u do change the default folders, pause all tors and use "move storage" to drag the partials over. or go to windows and do it by hand -- i did it that way (twice, since i put them BACK!) and it actually gave me a little clearer grasp of what was going on.

since then i've had both deluge and uTor running simultaneously and still no problems. just so long as they're not working on the same tor -- if you're gonna do that, u need to alternate, DL in deluge, DL in uTor, DL in deluge, etc. attempting to have them both overwriting the same files at the same time is asking for trouble.

btw, the ONE caveat i would stress is to MAKE COPIES of all your torrents (not the content files, the actual .torrent files) before doing any of this. uTor keeps user-friendly copies of all these in the download folder, but deluge does not. worse yet, it EATS the ones already there when you load them! so if you're in the habit of using magnets or deleting torrents from other folders once loaded into uTor (on the assumption u still have in the DL folder itself), u will suddenly find u have NO copy! this is a royal pain if u end up going from deluge BACK to uTor.

in a pinch, deluge keeps its own copies up in the appdata somewhere, but with ridiculous hashcode names. u don't wanna have to wade thru those trying to figure out which one goes with which original (user-friendly name) version. so set aside a full set beforehand.

good luck!