No incomming connections - VPN + Proxy + deluge - Help ports

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
hankdeluge

No incomming connections - VPN + Proxy + deluge - Help ports

Post by hankdeluge »

Hi, need help with port configuration. I know incomming connections are not mandatory to download torrent but would like to be connectable to keep a good ratio.

Before i was using torrent clients with no vpn or proxy. Lets say i was using a port for incoming connection like 6666. Everything was fine.

Then i add a vpn on my computer. At first i had no incomming connection, but manage to make it work. (On my vpn i said i wanted a port forward with 6666 as local port in my vpn software, and then the vpn returned me lets say 5555 as a result, so i've put 5555 in my torrent client and then i was connectable again. I don't really know why i say 6666 to my vpn and he return me a corresponding 5555, but it works)

Then yesterday i tried to add a proxy to that in Deluge. Let's say the proxy port they ask me to use is 1111. Then in my Deluge i've my proxy on port 1111, my incomming port as 5555, outgoing random. I'm able to download torrent and upload the one im currently downloading, but now i've the "incomming connections".

What port numbers i need to put and where? :P
Is doing port foward like that braking alot my "anonymousity"?
What port i will need to forward on my router? For now i've put all of them until i manage to make it work.

Thanks