WebUi Plugin 0.5

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: WebUi Plugin

Post by johnnyg »

for some weird reason this plugin is causing the blocklist importer to hang in windows (works fine in linux). I'm not sure how I can give you more info, running deluge from prompt didn't print out anything...
Soada
New User
New User

Post by Soada »

Congratulation ;)
Very good and useful plugin notably for people who have a server
(I miss just a possibility for deluge to be started without its GUI (in command line) and surely controllable using WebUi, could be really appreciable)

Otherwise, I write to just emphasize a little problem with firefox when the secure option (hpps) of WebUi is activated. Indeed, when we connect to the server, the popup concerning the certificate appears, but when we check the option "Accept this certificate permanently", there is a problem. Indeed, the popup appears again and again. However, it does not do that when we keep the default choice ("Accept this certificate temporarily for the session") but using this choice, the next time we connect, it will ask again to accept the certificate which could be annoying if we often use WebUi ;)
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

johnnyg wrote:for some weird reason this plugin is causing the blocklist importer to hang in windows (works fine in linux). I'm not sure how I can give you more info, running deluge from prompt didn't print out anything...
The WebUi uses threads and blocking sockets.
In windows webui runs inside the gtk process, in linux outside of it.
I guess there is a conflict when both use blocking (python) sockets inside the same process.
dev: webui, core, labels | irc:vonck7 |
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

Soada wrote:Congratulation ;)
Very good and useful plugin notably for people who have a server
(I miss just a possibility for deluge to be started without its GUI (in command line) and surely controllable using WebUi, could be really appreciable)

Otherwise, I write to just emphasize a little problem with firefox when the secure option (hpps) of WebUi is activated. Indeed, when we connect to the server, the popup concerning the certificate appears, but when we check the option "Accept this certificate permanently", there is a problem. Indeed, the popup appears again and again. However, it does not do that when we keep the default choice ("Accept this certificate temporarily for the session") but using this choice, the next time we connect, it will ask again to accept the certificate which could be annoying if we often use WebUi ;)
Thanks,

deluge 0.6 wil have a seperate deamon.

I know about the https problem, it's a result of my crappy self signed certificates.
the certs are located in /WebUI/ssl/
I will gladly take self-signed certificates created by someone else, or hints about how to create better ones.
Soada
New User
New User

Post by Soada »

mvoncken wrote: Thanks,

Sounds good ;) very good news notably for linux users who do not want to start a graphical interface on their machine moreover if the machine is light on resources...
mvoncken wrote: I know about the https problem, it's a result of my crappy self signed certificates.
I will gladly take self-signed certificates created by someone else, or hints about how to create better ones.
Ok no problem, if it is known, signifies that it will be corrected ;)
man_in_shack

Post by man_in_shack »

mvoncken, I gotta say, great work on the WebUI! It's awesome :D

Someone on IRC (#deluge, Freenode) discovered a bug. I don't know if you know about it already, but the fix is simple.

If you use "deluge" template, or the "advanced" template and the Details view on a torrent, and remove a torrent, it drops back to the info page for the deleted torrent, which no longer exists, so it throws an ugly Traceback at you.

The fix is to drop back to /index instead when a torrent is removed. templates/deluge/torrent_delete.html currently has:

Code: Select all

<input type="hidden" name="redir" value="$get('redir')">
Changing this to:

<input type="hidden" name="redir" value="/index">
forces the WebUI to redirect back to /index instead of the info page. This fixes the "advanced" template too.
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

man_in_shack wrote:mvoncken, I gotta say, great work on the WebUI! It's awesome :D

Someone on IRC (#deluge, Freenode) discovered a bug. I don't know if you know about it already, but the fix is simple.

If you use "deluge" template, or the "advanced" template and the Details view on a torrent, and remove a torrent, it drops back to the info page for the deleted torrent, which no longer exists, so it throws an ugly Traceback at you.

The fix is to drop back to /index instead when a torrent is removed. templates/deluge/torrent_delete.html currently has:

<input type="hidden" name="redir" value="$get('redir')">
Changing this to:

<input type="hidden" name="redir" value="/index">
forces the WebUI to redirect back to /index instead of the info page. This fixes the "advanced" template too.
Thanks Man_in_shack,
I removed the hidden input in r172.
icanhaswaffles
New User
New User

Post by icanhaswaffles »

Hey -- great work on the WebUI plugin!!

The advanced template is great, works wonderfully on firefox.

The only thing that still requires me to use VNC is change the global download/upload cap. Is this feature planned for the WebUI?

One other thing, I'm wondering why the sorting was chosen to be server-side, meaning the page is reloaded on each column sort. Why isn't this done in javascript? I was able to add the open source "sorttable" script (http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/) in about 5 minutes, and all my columns automagically sorted when I clicked on them, instead of refreshing the page. I have ~350 torrents, and each column sorts in about a second. To get the whole thing perfect would only require specifying correct column types. Is this something that's planned for the future? Should I work on it?

Thanks!!
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

icanhaswaffles wrote:Hey -- great work on the WebUI plugin!!

The advanced template is great, works wonderfully on firefox.

The only thing that still requires me to use VNC is change the global download/upload cap. Is this feature planned for the WebUI?

One other thing, I'm wondering why the sorting was chosen to be server-side, meaning the page is reloaded on each column sort. Why isn't this done in javascript? I was able to add the open source "sorttable" script (http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/) in about 5 minutes, and all my columns automagically sorted when I clicked on them, instead of refreshing the page. I have ~350 torrents, and each column sorts in about a second. To get the whole thing perfect would only require specifying correct column types. Is this something that's planned for the future? Should I work on it?

Thanks!!
Glad you like it :)

Config in webui:
Planned , but busy with moving & work.

About sortable:
-The default/"deluge" template must work without javascript.
So serverside sorting was already implemented, and i refresh a lot anyway to get the current data.
But I don't have that many torrents, so i didn't notice the slowdown.

I would love to include more templates in WebUi for various purposes.
You could contribute a template with the sortable script, the 1st version does not have to be perfect.
After that I'll figure out a way to limit the code duplication, a feature like:subclass this template from 'advanced'. (or just use it as the new advanced template)
silverdulcet

Post by silverdulcet »

mvoncken wrote:
Soada wrote:Congratulation ;)
Thanks,

I know about the https problem, it's a result of my crappy self signed certificates.
mvoncken:
Just wanted to let you know the reason people can't accept the self signed certs permanently is that the Common Name (CN) does not match the ip address or domain name of the webserver that the Deluge WebUI is run on. In the ones you've included the Common Name (CN) is blank. You can't fix this problem since everyone's ip address or domain name where they run deluge from are all different.

For anyone that wants to do this. Generate your own self signed certs and make sure that the Common Name (CN) matches either the ip address or whatever domain name you type to access the deluge webui. (e.g. 192.168.0.59 or myserver.com). Then you just rename your self signed *.key *.pem files to deluge.key deluge.pem and copy them to /usr/share/deluge/plugins/WebUi/ssl/ Here is a howto about generating self signed certs: http://www.tc.umn.edu/~brams006/selfsign.html If you need one that is tailored more to your distro its easy enough to find one on your own.