Deluge.app (Current version: 1.3.11)

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
furii
New User
New User

Re: Deluge.app (Latest version: 1.3.5)

Post by furii »

it seems the "quit and shutdown daemon" option disappeared somewhere along the way. deluge-gtk has it on my linux box but when i connect via the deluge.app it's not there. anyone else experiencing this?
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

Sorry no update recently, had tons of work.

Good news for the lucky mac book retina owners, Deluge.app (GTK-OSX in fact) support it, just a small change is required!
Until I generate a new binary, you can fix the current version using the following steps:
  1. Select Deluge.app in Finder
  2. In the context menu chose Show Package content
  3. Open/Edit Contents/Info.plist
  4. Using Xcode or any plist editor add NSHighResolutionCapable key with value 'YES' or edit the file as text adding:

Code: Select all

<key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key>
    <true/>
  5. Save plist
  6. Make a copy of *.app bundle, delete the old one and rename the copy to the original name (to reset system caches or that won't work!).
No idea if icons will be fixable. I'll try to give a look some day.

Note: This fix works on most apps that has that non retina issue (like most JAVA apps)
Attachments
deluge-retina2.png
deluge-retina2.png (95.83 KiB) Viewed 8462 times
doc
New User
New User

Post by doc »

So, deluge.app was working just fine for me until after a reboot. Now, the app starts up and shows up in the dock, but no connection window appears. Attempting to open it from the menubar does nothing, in fact the only working item on the menubar is About Deluge...

I tried grabbing a new version and also rm'd .config/deluge but I'm still stuck. Any ideas?
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

preferences > Uncheck classic mode maybe? :)
then connection manager should be accessible
doc
New User
New User

Post by doc »

Can't open Preferences :/ Like I said, only thing that opens is the About box...
doc
New User
New User

Post by doc »

Fixed this problem, too embarrassed to share what it was :P Thanks for the responses!
Ade_Del

Post by Ade_Del »

Hello, new user here

Can the Daemon be started through the app? I'm getting the following in the logs:

[WARNING ] 21:17:26 client:224 Connection to daemon at 127.0.0.1:58846 failed: Connection was refused by other side: 61: Connection refused.
[DEBUG ] 21:17:26 client:404 connect_fail: [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionRefusedError'>: Connection was refused by other side: 61: Connection refused.
]
[DEBUG ] 21:17:26 client:545 on_connect_fail: [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionRefusedError'>: Connection was refused by other side: 61: Connection refused.
]
[DEBUG ] 21:17:26 connectionmanager:360 Status: Offline
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

Nope sorry, some work to do on this side. You can use classic mode until.
furii
New User
New User

Post by furii »

furii wrote:it seems the "quit and shutdown daemon" option disappeared somewhere along the way. deluge-gtk has it on my linux box but when i connect via the deluge.app it's not there. anyone else experiencing this?
anyone else getting this? it's kind of a drag to have to vnc in to my server to properly shut down the daemon before restarting.
Twiz
New User
New User

Post by Twiz »

Sorry for the newbie-ish question, but can this build be used as a thin client? TIA.