[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by bro »

dontod wrote:In the subscriptions setup you can choose your feed from a drop down. Maybe something similar in the cookie entry dialog?
One cookie can match multiple feeds, but it would be possible to list the feeds and show which matches. I'll take a look at it.
Thanks for all your help getting this setup.

Don.
No problem.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
Gen. Hospital

Post by Gen. Hospital »

Thanks for doing this. I've been using YaRSS and even borrowed a python-book thinking I could fix a couple of the more annoying bugs. :D
Gen. Hospital

Post by Gen. Hospital »

It does not seem to match torrents very aggressively though. It takes a long time from something to turn up in a feed before deluge starts downloading it. Have I misconfigured something? Do I have too many subscriptions?
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

Gen. Hospital wrote:It does not seem to match torrents very aggressively though. It takes a long time from something to turn up in a feed before deluge starts downloading it. Have I misconfigured something? Do I have too many subscriptions?
It will run at the interval specified for each RSS feed. What do you have configured?
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
LateralOctober

Post by LateralOctober »

I'm unable to download feeds from dailytvtorrents. It'll pull the feed, but ever time I try to run the subscription or download an individual torrent (to test) I get:

[ERROR ] 17:09:55 common:124 YaRSS2.torrent_handling:69: Unable to decode torrent file!: invalid bencoding

Deluge 1.3.5, yarss2 1.0.4 for python 2.7

RSS feed: http://www.dailytvtorrents.org/rss/show/covert-affairs
thatsit

Post by thatsit »

Does yarss2 keep a history log of downloaded files so as to not download a file multiple times, or does it simply check to see if the file exists in the destination folder(s)? If there is a log, where is it? Thanks!
bugs

Post by bugs »

For some reason, it seems like the plugin won't start the torrents. The plugin detects them, and in my subscription the posts have a green check by them. But none of them get started; even the new ones. I have tried right clicking them and clicking start, but still nothing. The rss feed contains a blank title and the messages are either links to torrent files or magnet links. Neither get started. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
zaphod0414
New User
New User

Post by zaphod0414 »

So, is this thread serving as a bug report and support channel then? I'm assuming so, but if there's somewhere better to be asking about this, please point the way.

So I've tried Yarss2 under both the Windows and Linux Deluge client, and have the same problem on each. I can get ezrss.it to work properly (well, as good as it ever works considering it's unreachable 90% of the time). When I add a subscription using the ezrss.it feed (http://www.ezrss.it/feed/) the matching tab populates properly with the feed contents. However, when I try to use the RSS feed from my most used private tracker, Torrentday, Yarss2 seems to be unable to read the feed. The matching tab never populates with anything when i try to add a subscription, and nothing ever downloads from that feed. Strangely, I don't get any error(s) either - like when retrieving ezrss and it's unavailable, I see the 503 error in the matching tab. When Torrentday's feed fails, it says nothing. The big difference I can think of is that Torrentday is a private tracker and uses a passkey to authorize downloads. The full link to the Torrentday feed is "http://www.torrentday.com/torrents/rss? ... p=<removed>" (tp is the passkey value - i've removed it for obvious reasons. I can reveal this for troubleshooting purposes if needed - but it would be on a one-on-one basis - i'm not posting it in a public forum). I have also tried running this feed through Yahoo pipes, just to see if it was an encoding or some other minor compatibility issue with Torrentday's feed, but even the output from Yahoo pipes doesn't seem to be readable for this feed. The main reason I'm thinking the problem is passkey related rather than formatting related is the fact that the only other feed that I've been able to get working in Yarss2 is The Pirate Bay's feed, which is public and has no passkey value in the link. It also uses the same format for the link as ezrss (http://site/dir) rather than using a PHP link with options. The only other private tracker that I use that has RSS also uses a passkey and a PHP link, and it also doesn't work in Yarss2 - even after reformatting with Yahoo pipes. It behaves the same as Torrentday's feed in that it does not fetch any data from the feed, but also gives no error(s).

Has anyone managed to get any RSS feeds from any private trackers to work in Yarss2? In either the Linux or Windows versions? Does anyone have any ideas why these feeds shouldn't be working in Yarss2? Any help would be much appreciated.

Z
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

LateralOctober wrote:I'm unable to download feeds from dailytvtorrents. It'll pull the feed, but ever time I try to run the subscription or download an individual torrent (to test) I get:

[ERROR ] 17:09:55 common:124 YaRSS2.torrent_handling:69: Unable to decode torrent file!: invalid bencoding

Deluge 1.3.5, yarss2 1.0.4 for python 2.7

RSS feed: http://www.dailytvtorrents.org/rss/show/covert-affairs
I'll check it out as soon as I can.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

thatsit wrote:Does yarss2 keep a history log of downloaded files so as to not download a file multiple times, or does it simply check to see if the file exists in the destination folder(s)? If there is a log, where is it? Thanks!
No history is recorded, except from the timestamp of the last torrent that matched the filter. This makes sure the torrent won't be redownloaded on the next run.