bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by bro »

dontod wrote:PM Sent.

TIA

Don.
Damn, that's a bug I added when trying to fix an issue. It's only a problem with python 2.6, i.e. the Windows users.
Can you try the attached egg and report back?
Attachments
YaRSS2-1.0.4-py2.6.egg
(212.39 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
dontod
New User
New User

Post by dontod »

Hi,

new egg works as in it now pulls down the feed.

However an added feed does not show on the RSS Feeds pane. It is though selectable in the Subscriptions dialog RSS Feeds drop down.

Also when I add cookie values they don't show up and I'm getting these errors in the logfile:
WARNING ] 20:39:54 common:121 YaRSS2.rssfeed_handling:85: Exception occured when fetching feed: document declared as us-ascii, but parsed as iso-8859-1
[WARNING ] 20:39:54 common:121 YaRSS2.rssfeed_handling:274: bozo_exception when parsing rssfeed: document declared as us-ascii, but parsed as iso-8859-1
[ERROR ] 20:39:56 common:124 YaRSS2.torrent_handling:69: Unable to decode torrent file!: invalid bencoding
[WARNING ] 20:39:56 common:121 YaRSS2.torrent_handling:107: Failed to add torrent Jimmy.Fallon.2012.06.29.Blake.Lively-Seth.MacFarlane.HDTV.x264-2HD.

Thanks for the great work so far,

Don.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

dontod wrote:Hi,

new egg works as in it now pulls down the feed.

However an added feed does not show on the RSS Feeds pane. It is though selectable in the Subscriptions dialog RSS Feeds drop down.

Also when I add cookie values they don't show up and I'm getting these errors in the logfile:
WARNING ] 20:39:54 common:121 YaRSS2.rssfeed_handling:85: Exception occured when fetching feed: document declared as us-ascii, but parsed as iso-8859-1
[WARNING ] 20:39:54 common:121 YaRSS2.rssfeed_handling:274: bozo_exception when parsing rssfeed: document declared as us-ascii, but parsed as iso-8859-1
[ERROR ] 20:39:56 common:124 YaRSS2.torrent_handling:69: Unable to decode torrent file!: invalid bencoding
[WARNING ] 20:39:56 common:121 YaRSS2.torrent_handling:107: Failed to add torrent Jimmy.Fallon.2012.06.29.Blake.Lively-Seth.MacFarlane.HDTV.x264-2HD.

Thanks for the great work so far,

Don.
The RSS Feed not showing up is not a good sign... :? Can you post or pm me the config file (yarss2.conf)? It should be somewhere in Documents and Settings.

The message about ascii and iso-8859-1 shouldn't be a problem (as far as I've experienced), but the "Unable to decode torrent file" is a fatal error. Do you see the url of the torrent printed in the log?
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
dontod
New User
New User

Post by dontod »

PM Sent.

Many thanks,

Don.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

dontod wrote:PM Sent.

Many thanks,

Don.
The problem is that the value of the rssfeed_key field in one the subscriptions is empty. If you set that to "1" instead of "", it will work.
There must be a bug that causes this, but I can't reproduce it. If you rename your config and start fresh, are you able to reproduce the problem?
dontod
New User
New User

Post by dontod »

By deleting the conf I can now see the RSS feed but I'm still getting the error in the log:

[ERROR ] 14:32:26 common:124 YaRSS2.torrent_handling:69: Unable to decode torrent file!: invalid bencoding

Any ideas?

Don.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

dontod wrote:By deleting the conf I can now see the RSS feed but I'm still getting the error in the log:

[ERROR ] 14:32:26 common:124 YaRSS2.torrent_handling:69: Unable to decode torrent file!: invalid bencoding

Any ideas?

Don.
Probably the url is incorrect, or it doesn't point to a torrent file (Some RSS Feeds link to html pages instead of torrent files).
The attached egg should print the torrent_url to the log file when it fails.
Attachments
YaRSS2-1.0.4-py2.6.egg
(212.28 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
dontod
New User
New User

Post by dontod »

Hi,

Cracked it. It was down to the cookies. In the Cookie dialog box it says Site URL so I Was putting in the whole www.blahblah.etc instead of the just the Feed name that I'd used under Rss Feeds.

Sorted now.

Again, great work by you.

Don.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

dontod wrote:Hi,

Cracked it. It was down to the cookies. In the Cookie dialog box it says Site URL so I Was putting in the whole http://www.blahblah.etc instead of the just the Feed name that I'd used under Rss Feeds.

Sorted now.

Again, great work by you.

Don.
Great! So what do you suggest to make it easier to not make this mistake?
dontod
New User
New User

Post by dontod »

In the subscriptions setup you can choose your feed from a drop down. Maybe something similar in the cookie entry dialog?

Thanks for all your help getting this setup.

Don.