ability to download selected files from the torrent

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
gregg128

ability to download selected files from the torrent

Post by gregg128 »

it would by nice to have the ability not to download the whole torrent but just some files from it. Lack of this feature stops my moving from azureus to deluge :cry:
This feature is extremely useful for all people downloading huge torrents like film or book collections.
Thanks in advance
gregg128
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: ability to download selected files from the torrent

Post by markybob »

gregg128 wrote:it would by nice to have the ability not to download the whole torrent but just some files from it. Lack of this feature stops my moving from azureus to deluge :cry:
This feature is extremely useful for all people downloading huge torrents like film or book collections.
Thanks in advance
gregg128
we have this feature. which version are you using? sounds like you need to go to http://download.deluge-torrent.org and upgrade :) (fyi, you need to go into plugins and active the torrentfiles plugin)
pettman

Post by pettman »

markybob wrote:(fyi, you need to go into plugins and active the torrentfiles plugin)
In my opinion, file-listing and -priority should be a core-function and not something you need a plug-in for.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

pettman wrote:
markybob wrote:(fyi, you need to go into plugins and active the torrentfiles plugin)
In my opinion, file-listing and -priority should be a core-function and not something you need a plug-in for.
the development team plans to have only very basic functionality living outside of plugins. the point of this is to make the client both light and feature-filled for those who want it. so, the client is as heavy or light as the user chooses. our development branch takes this even further, for example, by making things like queuing also a plugin. think of it like firefox and its extensions.
praveenmarkandu

Post by praveenmarkandu »

i like the plugin system. the plugins come with deluge but you have to activate them. like markybob said, it makes it more lightweight and customizable to the user. in the end, someone could come along and write any amount of plugins without actually asking the devs to implement a feature
ven
New User
New User

Post by ven »

there's still one big flaw with it, though.. regardless which files you choose to download it will create all of them in the file system... kinda annoying.. -.-
Marthin
New User
New User

Post by Marthin »

I have opened ticket for it...