Move Torrent Plugin

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Jhet
New User
New User

Move Torrent Plugin

Post by Jhet »

Firstly, sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Anyway, just a thought, but the move torrent plugin should also allow for torrents to be moved when they are removed (cleared). I'm sure this must of been mentioned/requested previously. I remember this feature in azureus and I found it useful since once the torrents had reached their required share ratio they were stopped, and removed, with the contents of the torrent being moved to another location, which allowed me to split my torrents into "currently downloading", "Seeding", and "completely finished" folders. Is it possible to add this functionality to the plugin?
Primary OS: Windows Vista Business 32bit
Secondary OS: Ubuntu Gutsy
phuzz

Re: Move Torrent Plugin

Post by phuzz »

Vote number two for this one...
Ubugenko

Post by Ubugenko »

It has been a long time now I miss and already asked for this feature. The truth is, the move plugin IS already capable of what we are asking for, but it failed if the option "automatically delete torrents when max ratio is reached" (sorry not sure about the name in english) is activated. I really miss a move torrent that would effectively move my torrents even if cleared from Deluge ...
You have my vote.
mojoxojom

Post by mojoxojom »

I like the Move Torrent plugin and use it (presently running 0.5.9.1 on ubuntu linux).

With the labels system coming up in 0.6, I think it would be great if the Move Torrent plugin were enhanced to be label aware. That way files labeled with Music get put in one directory and files labeled with Video go to another.

Advanced rules would even be cool because I would like to use the labels system to tag torrents for different users accessing deluge via the WebUI. That way all the room-mates in the house can use a deluge instance running on our server. So the move torrent plugin, with more advanced rules, could but Joe Bloe's music in /joe/music/ and Joe Bloe's videos in /joe/video/ (where /joe/ is a shared dir on my server for joe) and Jane Bloe can have torrents tagged with Jane and Music put in /jane/music/ and tagged Jane and Video put in /jane/video/ for example. I may or may not personally use it this way; it is just an example showing that moves based on multiple label criteria can be very flexible.

One last thing I'd like to mention is that I would like to see a REMOVE Torrent plugin that is similar to the MOVE Torrents plug in. Back when I ran Azureus, I had a three-stage set-up. /INCOMING/torrent-pending held my downloads, /INCOMING/torrents-seeding held my active seeding torrents. The MOVE plugin does this nicely. But I also have an /INCOMING/torrents-removed folder so that when I remove a torrent from deluge, I would like it moved to that folder. Much easier to manage them from a file manager once the ones I'm done seeding are in a separate directory from the ones still seeding. The three stages works great for me; one of the few things I miss from Azureus. But not enough to go back :P

Thanks
threeRd

Post by threeRd »

I'm with mojoxojom. Deluge has everything I could ask for...except the ability to move with labels. The ability to have torrents being downloaded in one folder, and then have the completed torrents filed away neatly according to category, is AWESOME.
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

sneak preview:
this is not finished!
dev: webui, core, labels | irc:vonck7 |
threeRd

Post by threeRd »

Looks good! I look forward to the finished version.