Deluge hasn't worked since 1.2.x

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
crhylove
New User
New User

Deluge hasn't worked since 1.2.x

Post by crhylove »

I've done clean installs, reformatted my machine, and even done some fresh virtual machines.

Deluge has not worked since 1.2.x. 1.3.0rc1 is no different. Still does not work at all on Windows.
magnoman

Re: Deluge hasn't worked since 1.2.x

Post by magnoman »

? works fine on my 2 windows machines and server :o
rbucci
New User
New User

Post by rbucci »

I was having the same problem until I opened Control Panel and then Programs and Features and discovered 2 different GTKs. I uninstalled both then re-installed 1.3.0 RC1 and all is good now.
crhylove
New User
New User

Post by crhylove »

This is a fresh install, there is definitely only the GTK that installed with the RC.
Nil Einne
New User
New User

Post by Nil Einne »

Did you check my post about GTK problems http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 12&t=30645? In particular, DO NOT install to a custom directory, make sure you use the default because of a bug. If you have already install to a custom directory, then you're going to have to uninstall and reinstall (well there are other things you could do but this is probably the simplest) and make sure it's properly removed including the path before you reinstall.

BTW what do you mean 'it doesn't work'? If you run the exe from the command line (not the .cmd files) you should hopefully get some more helpful error messages which may help diagnose the problem rather then simply 'it doesn't work'. You may also want to enable logging and stuff. This stuff is described in the FAQ IIRC.
crhylove
New User
New User

Post by crhylove »

I did a fresh Windows install that wasn't Tiny or MicroXP, and it seems to work. I primarily only use VM to run Windows software, though, and MicroXP is my #1 choice. Any idea what's missing for Deluge under MicroXP? Long term I'd love to see a portable Deluge..... I hate having to use portable uTorrent.