Random torrents are 'paused'

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Boten

Random torrents are 'paused'

Post by Boten »

I have upgraded my system (Ubuntu 9.10 to 10.04 beta) and I got a problem with Deluge. When it starts, some random torrents are marked as "paused", but all of torrents were "seeding" before the last program quit (for example, when I shut down my PC). And I can't start seeding of any paused torrent - when i click "Resume" on that torrent, it don't start. I need to allocate all torrents by pressing Ctrl-a, pause and resume them. That all torrents become to seed. How can I fix this problem? The version of my client is 1.2.0
Revolt
New User
New User

Re: Random torrents are 'paused'

Post by Revolt »

have been suffering from this problem ever since 1.2.0. Now with 1.2.2 the issue remains.

Bug report: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/1127
Lysias

Post by Lysias »

I have this same problem every now and then, and have had it for many versions. Sometimes torrents are in 'Paused' state after starting Deluge but in actuality they're still active and downloading, which indicates some kind of torrent manager and GUI mismatch. Seeds also sometimes become paused for no apparent reason. Using 'Pause' and 'Resume' usually revives them.

I haven't looked more closely into this but Revolt's bug report contains some good information which I agree with.

Deluge 1.2.2 on a 64-bit Ubuntu derivative.

edit: corrected a misspelling
uzer

Post by uzer »

same issue here with ubuntu 10.04 64-bit on deluge 1.2.3
keepitcomplicated

Post by keepitcomplicated »

same issue on Ubuntu Server Edition 10.10. with Deluge 1.3.1 :|
Corwin
New User
New User

Post by Corwin »

I see this every day on Debian AMD64

$ dpkg -l | grep deluge-gtk
ii deluge-gtk 1.3.1-1 bittorrent client written in Python/PyGTK (GTK+ ui)
$ uname -a
Linux corwin 2.6.35-trunk-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Sep 6 15:15:26 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Menpachi Hibachi

Post by Menpachi Hibachi »

I used to get that, but then I made it a habit to turn off "auto-managed mode" for all of my torrents and I don't see it any more.
I never really could figure out the point of "auto-managed mode" in the first place, all the docs were too vague.
OneTimeUser

Post by OneTimeUser »

Nicely done Hibachi! I had this happening too, and as soon as I made that change the torrent "unpaused" and started coming in fast. I signed up just to say thanks..... And to slag Deluge for the ridiculous hoop you have to jump through to prove you're not a bot during registration. But I digress, thanks for the info.