Should I do clean install of Deluge rather than an upgrade?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
aeo

Should I do clean install of Deluge rather than an upgrade?

Post by aeo »

I have Windows XP SP3. I am running Deluge 1.2.1. Today, I was notified that 1.2.2 is now available. I was apprehensive about uprading because my past experience with upgrading software have not always run smoothly. I researched previous post here on this topic but that one dealt with Linux operating system. My questions are: (1) should I do a clean install as oppose to an upgrade; (2) if I do an upgrade, will my personal settings revert back to default; and (3) what happens to the torrents that are currently downloading/uploading, or qeued, or on pause, if I do a clean install or an upgrade?
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Should I do clean install of Deluge rather than an upgrade?

Post by johnnyg »

1. When you install a new version of deluge, it deletes all the old files, so it shouldn't make a difference.
  2. No (unless you delete your settings folder)
  3. With either a clean install or an upgrade they'll still be there (as long as you don't delete the settings folder).
    However I highly recommend backing up your settings folder: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq# ... tssettings
    just in case anything goes wrong.
aeo

Re: Should I do clean install of Deluge rather than an upgrade?

Post by aeo »

johnnyg wrote:
  1. When you install a new version of deluge, it deletes all the old files, so it shouldn't make a difference.
  2. No (unless you delete your settings folder)
  3. With either a clean install or an upgrade they'll still be there (as long as you don't delete the settings folder).
    However I highly recommend backing up your settings folder: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq# ... tssettings
    just in case anything goes wrong.

Thanks for the info johnnyg.