GTK + 2.12 Failed

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

GTK + 2.12 Failed

Post by JXBlack »

I am attempting to re install Deluge 1.1.4 which has treated me very well, however I got the following message:

"Download of GTK + 2.12 failed. (return code HTTP/1.404 not found), GTK + 2.12 must be installed manually

Is their any other version of Deluge which can install GTK + 2.12 automatically?

If not ...........how can I find and install it?

Thanks
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: GTK + 2.12 Failed

Post by andar »

Oh, I deleted the gtk 2.12 runtime from our site, so the download will fail now.. I didn't realize people were still going to use 1.1..

I'll re-add it to the site. In the meantime you can download the file from: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtk-win/
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

Post by JXBlack »

Thank you for your reply. I downloaded and installed GTK+ but Deluge refuses to open. All I get is a flash of the familiar black box. Is their some special procedure required for these two programs to see each other?

Is their a later version that i can try which automatically connects these together?

Thanks again for your help
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

JXBlack wrote:Thank you for your reply. I downloaded and installed GTK+ but Deluge refuses to open. All I get is a flash of the familiar black box. Is their some special procedure required for these two programs to see each other?

Is their a later version that i can try which automatically connects these together?

Thanks again for your help
Since it's windows, you may wish to try rebooting your system 3 times, it may magically work at this point.

Good luck.
trektorrents
Seeder
Seeder

Post by trektorrents »

On a more helpful note:

Uninstall both Deluge and the GTK apps. Make sure all data and other dross are gone from the install folders. Then reinstall Deluge, allowing it to install the GTK materials, itself.