Nothing happens when running Deluge

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
reets
New User
New User

Nothing happens when running Deluge

Post by reets »

Just installed Deluge 1.2 RC4 (from Betanews) for the first time on my Win 7 64-bit machine. When i run Deluge from the start menu a command prompt flashes and nothing happens. Checking processes shows nothing from Deluge there either. I tried running deluge.cmd from a command prompt and nothing happens either. No errors or messages of any kind. I tried running Deluge Daemon first and deluged.exe showed up in processes. Trying the deluge.cmd file still resulted in nothing. When i installed Deluge, it did say it wasn't going to install GTK 2.16 because 2.14.7 was already installed. Could that be the reason it's not working?
loki

Re: Nothing happens when running Deluge

Post by loki »

I would definitely try installing the gtk 2.16 in case that is the problem.
reets
New User
New User

Post by reets »

Perfect, that fixed it! Wonder why it told me it wasn't installing it without even giving me an option to install the newer one. Keep up the great work dev team :)
sneaD

Post by sneaD »

Hey!

I have the same problem now.
Deluge worked perfectly until today. I've re-installed Deluge and GTK 2.16, however the problem remains. After that, Deluge already open but an error appears, saying that the program crashed and the only solution left is to close the application.
What can I do? Help me please, is important.

Regards,
and sorry if my English is weak (:
trektorrents
Seeder
Seeder

Post by trektorrents »

sneaD wrote:Hey!

I have the same problem now.
Deluge worked perfectly until today.
O/S?
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

Try running it with some debug logging to see what's going on.

Open up cmd
goto C:\Program Files\Deluge\Deluge-python
run: deluge -L debug
sneaD

Post by sneaD »

Windows 7 , 64bits

I don't understand what is supposed to do x:
silberfuchs
New User
New User

Post by silberfuchs »

I occasionally have this exact same problem. Usually reinstalling Deluge and/or GTK+ fixes it, but it's being particularly annoying this time around. Here's a copy of part of the debug log:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\Deluge-Python\library.zip\twisted\internet\gtk2rea
ctor.py:256: GtkWarning: ../../../../gtk+/gdk/win32/gdkpixmap-win32.c:199: GetDC
 failed: The operation completed successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\Deluge-Python\library.zip\twisted\internet\gtk2rea
ctor.py:256: GtkWarning: ../../../../gtk+/gdk/win32/gdkpixmap-win32.c:114: Delet
eObject failed: The operation completed successfully.
ctor.py:256: GtkWarning: _gdk_drawable_ref_cairo_surface: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAW
ABLE (drawable)' failed
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

silberfuchs wrote:I occasionally have this exact same problem. Usually reinstalling Deluge and/or GTK+ fixes it, but it's being particularly annoying this time around. Here's a copy of part of the debug log:

ctor.py:256: GtkWarning: ../../../../gtk+/gdk/win32/gdkpixmap-win32.c:199: GetDC
 failed: The operation completed successfully.
ctor.py:256: GtkWarning: ../../../../gtk+/gdk/win32/gdkpixmap-win32.c:114: Delet
eObject failed: The operation completed successfully.
ctor.py:256: GtkWarning: _gdk_drawable_ref_cairo_surface: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAW
ABLE (drawable)' failed
I fixed this in 1.2.0 final.
ctrlbrk

Post by ctrlbrk »

I installed Deluge 1.2 final on Win7 x64 using the installer, per these instructions:
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Installing/Windows

I only did the first part, which is run the installer. I did not do any of the "without the installer" stuff.

When running deluge from the icon, it just flashes. Upon more investigation and running the command manually, I got:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\Deluge-Python>deluge
[ERROR   ] 18:14:39 __init__:1082 DLL load failed: The specified procedure could
 not be found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "deluge\ui\ui.py", line 127, in __init__
  File "deluge\ui\gtkui\__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
  File "deluge\ui\gtkui\gtkui.py", line 40, in <module>
  File "twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 35, in <module>
  File "gobject/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
  File "gobject/constants.py", line 22, in <module>
  File "gobject/_gobject.py", line 14, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.
[ERROR   ] 18:14:39 ui:147 There was an error whilst launching the request UI: g
tk
[ERROR   ] 18:14:39 ui:148 Look at the traceback above for more information.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\Deluge-Python>
The installer installed GTK. I verified this from Control Panel, I have 2.16.6 installed.

Where to go from here?

Also, as a side note, the very bottom of the installation wiki (my top link) has an error pointing to an out of date version of Deluge.

Mike