Windows 7 32bit cannot see the program window

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
cristideca

Windows 7 32bit cannot see the program window

Post by cristideca »

I have installed Deluge 1.1.9 opened the program and was looking how to change the language. I exited deluge and when i tried to open back was not working. Also tried a previewest version (1.1.8) with no luck. Doesn't want to open anymore. Tryed to reinstall with no luck. What shall i do?

-Cristi
loki

Re: Windows 7 32bit cannot see the program window

Post by loki »

Before trying to run it again make sure it's not already running in the processes, deluge.exe or deluged.exe.
cristideca

Post by cristideca »

loki wrote:Before trying to run it again make sure it's not already running in the processes, deluge.exe or deluged.exe.
Yes, it's not runing those processes. I even reinstalled deluge and rebooted the system a couple of times.
Stacks

Post by Stacks »

I've had this problem before on one of my 2000 boxes, I literally just waited for the next version to be released, and from then, it just worked.

When you tried your uninstalls, did you go in and delete everything manually, like from %appdata%?
Linked

Post by Linked »

I had the same problem on all my computers (XP, Vista, W7).

I noticed that Deluge tried to install 2.12.* GTK+ but I had a newer one installed (came with Pidgin).
So what I did was I first deleted the newer GTK and then just installed Deluge normally.
Now Deluge works perfectly (and also Pidgin).

Hope this helps.
nightstryke
New User
New User

Post by nightstryke »

I'm having this problem but i'm using 64bit instead of 32bit, but i'm having the same error. I've uninstalled twice now and deleted everything then reinstalled but that didn't fix it.
ntvinh986

Post by ntvinh986 »

cristideca wrote:I have installed Deluge 1.1.9 opened the program and was looking how to change the language. I exited deluge and when i tried to open back was not working. Also tried a previewest version (1.1.8) with no luck. Doesn't want to open anymore. Tryed to reinstall with no luck. What shall i do?

-Cristi
Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Post by Lefty »

Check my post of what i did to resolve the issue.
Look towards the end of the page here: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 12&t=25145
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein.
grizzancs

Post by grizzancs »

Deluge 1.1.9 here (RCs are banned at the tracker I would like to use).

I have the same problem, but running deluge.exe by hand from a command prompt tells me that the program cannot be started, as "libglade-2.0-0.dll" is missing.

I don't have such file, yet I've uninstalled pidgin, gtk, and I let deluge install its versions.

I think the others have the same problem as well, as program windows does not appear (however, WebUI works).

Where should I get that file? I tried to look but I couldn't find such version, and it is not included in the installed GTK.

Happy new year, and thanks.
sleepwalker

Post by sleepwalker »

grizzancs wrote:Deluge 1.1.9 here (RCs are banned at the tracker I would like to use).

I have the same problem, but running deluge.exe by hand from a command prompt tells me that the program cannot be started, as "libglade-2.0-0.dll" is missing.

I don't have such file, yet I've uninstalled pidgin, gtk, and I let deluge install its versions.

I think the others have the same problem as well, as program windows does not appear (however, WebUI works).

Where should I get that file? I tried to look but I couldn't find such version, and it is not included in the installed GTK.

Happy new year, and thanks.
Try entering in the %appdata% folder (just open "Computer" for Vista/W7 or "My Computer" for XP and type %appdata% in the address bar) and delete the "deluge" folder from there. You won't have your torrents and all, but by doing this you'll force Deluge to reconfigure itself and there's a good change it'll be up and running again.