[Suggestion] Priority depending on the filename.

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Zelest
New User
New User

[Suggestion] Priority depending on the filename.

Post by Zelest »

Heya.

First of all, sorry if this feature already exists and that I'm to dumb to find it. ;)

What about a plugin that allow the user to add filenames to a list and specify the priority on them? For example, someone is downloading a torrent containing both big and small files (let's say it's images, archives and plaintext-files) .. If the user have this plugin enabled and added *.jpg with the priority Highest, all the images get the priority Highest when the torrent-file is loaded. Also, note that this doesn't only go for the filetype, but also for the whole filename and/or parts of the filename. For example, *sample* would trigger all filenames containing the word sample. Perhaps a "Make rule case-sensitive" checkbox might be handy too?

Sorry if I sound like this is all easy to add and such when I in fact have no idea if this is even possible and/or how hard it might be implementing.. Though, I like sharing my ideas and I personally would love this feature, as it would make my torrenting life much easier. :D

Regards,
Zelest
Jojan
New User
New User

Re: [Suggestion] Priority depending on the filename.

Post by Jojan »

I just got the same idea, and was about to make a thread about it here.

I wish for the same. I think it would be a great idea to make a plugin for Deluge. It's mighty rare that I want to download the sample-files sometimes contained in the torrents, the same whit *.jpg and *.html. So a word filter would be nice. And maybe have a priority set to the diffrent filters. For example so that you could make *.tar in a file the highest priority and *.jpg the lowest. That would be awesome! It's pretty surpising that it doesn't excist.
Zelest
New User
New User

Post by Zelest »

Also, the same filter might contain a size option as well? For example, "files smaller than 5Mb have highest priority" .. and maybe a nice way to combine these? Like, "files named *.jpg have highest priority if they're smaller than 3Mb".

I know, I'm just spotting on with ideas here. Don't get me wrong, I know how easy it is to come up with "what if..." ideas, but how much harder to actually implement them. ;)

Regards,
Zelest
Jojan
New User
New User

Post by Jojan »

THIS SUGGESTION SHOULD BECOME HIGH PRIORITY TO MAKE

That's a good idea too.

Maybe it could be done like a list, where you add your file types (with * or blank for all types) and then you can set size next to it (with * or blank for all sizes). Then it has
  • .jpg | less than | 5 MB | Don't download
  • * | greater than | 10 MB | Highest priority
  • * | less than | 10 MB | Lowest priority
Zelest
New User
New User

Post by Zelest »

Sorry for bumping my own thread, but is this suggestion out of the question, or does this interest anyone? :?
Jojan
New User
New User

Post by Jojan »

Bumping because it's a good idea.