Release Candidate for a new Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
stheg

Re: Errors with RC2

Post by stheg »

jesperl wrote:
stheg wrote:
jesperl wrote:
What version of the GTK+ runtime do you have installed? iconv.dll is part of your GTK+ runtime.
When I started troubleshooting, I uninstalled 2.10 which had been installed by Wireshark and used the RC2 installer to reinstall GTK+. It is reported as 2.12.9-2.
Do you have another iconv.dll somewhere in your path?
Yes, I do, but it is later in the path:

%GTK_BASEPATH%\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\.

This did not cause problems with earlier installations of Deluge.
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

stheg wrote:Yes, I do, but it is later in the path:

%GTK_BASEPATH%\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\.

This might be a bit far fetched, but does it make a difference if you copy iconv.dll from the 2.12 GTK+ bin dir to the Deluge-Python dir?
stheg

Post by stheg »

jesperl wrote:
stheg wrote:Yes, I do, but it is later in the path:

This might be a bit far fetched, but does it make a difference if you copy iconv.dll from the 2.12 GTK+ bin dir to the Deluge-Python dir?
After doing this, the error dialog no longer appears and the cmd window closes just as it did formerly, but the program still doesn't launch.
dark5tar

Re: Release Candidate for a new Windows installer

Post by dark5tar »

Okay, I JUST installed this on a fresh install of WIN7 Build 7000 .. here is what i have found...

When i first downloaded and went to install, I right clicked on the installer and selected Run as Administrator then when through the "default" install process, after downloaded the GtK and during the attempted install I kept getting alot of ERROR s writing various .dll files and was asked to either Abort , Retry or Ignore --

I tried "ignore" a bunch but due to the amount of funny errors i finallly just cancelled the GTK install and then tried to run deluge -- Fail! I got the .cmd window but no deluge --

after some tinkering and uninstalling and reinstalling without the GTK ( since i have pidgin installed and was running ) -- I finally;

Quit Pidgin

Uninstalled Deluge

Right Clicked on the Deluge Installer and selected Run as Administrator

kept the defaults and then was succesfully able to install the GTK and got deluge to succesfully open/run ..

just what i did, your milage may vary...

;)
Lester
New User
New User

Post by Lester »

how can i get а windows version of deluge 1.2.0 ?
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

Lester wrote:how can i get а windows version of deluge 1.2.0 ?
You need to build it yourself. As far as I know, there is no pre-built windows installer available.
markcasias

Post by markcasias »

hello guys, i just register today, and i found this thread interesting but is this thread still active?

regards,
mark
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

The thread is no longer active because we now use the new windows installer.