Release Candidate for a new Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
jesperl

Re: Release Candidate for a new Windows installer

Post by jesperl »

andar wrote:The stderr output may not actually be getting to the log, at least this is what I've found with windows at times.. Try running from the cmd prompt without logging to a file..
In that case, richarnd should start deluge.exe in the Deluge-Python dir, not via deluge.cmd.
loki

Post by loki »

jesperl wrote: Where does that happen? Firefox or Windows explorer window?

What about the icon for the Deluge link on the desktop? Does that show?

Also: does the same thing happen if you use uTorrent and associate it with .torrent? (which is done in the uTorrent setup menu).

I'm fairly sure that this problem is Vista-related, and since I do not have Vista, I'll need some help figuring out the cause of it.
Now that you mention it it's in the Windows explorer view and the firefox download view.

The Deluge link on the desktop does work, the icon works there.

As for utorrent, the icon didn't work for 1.6.1 but it did work for the latest 1.8.2.
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

loki wrote:As for utorrent, the icon didn't work for 1.6.1 but it did work for the latest 1.8.2.
Could you let uTorrent associate with torrent files and look in the registry for the following keys

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.torrent
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\uTorrent

Preferably export both keys and post the contents of the .reg files here.

Are there other Deluge 1.1.4 Vista users with this problem?

Regarding your FF issue: does uTorrent open torrent links properly?
Last edited by jesperl on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

I have made an RC2 for the Windows installer, get it here.

The RC2 works out-of-the-box with the GTK+ 2.14 runtime that is installed with the current version of Pidgin. This did not work under RC1 because of certain DLLs that were included in GTK+ 2.12 but not GTK+ 2.14.
hordak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by hordak »

What needs to be uninstalled and removed from RC1, prior to using the installer?
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

hordak wrote:What needs to be uninstalled and removed from RC1, prior to using the installer?
Nothing, just run the RC2 installer.
avi45

Post by avi45 »

Deluge version 1.1.4 RC2 still is extremely sluggish and has freezing issues with 100 connections. Other than that, it's working well. The installer finally lets me install in the directory of choice and GTK2 themes are also working with this version.
Windows XP SP3, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU, 1.86 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
loki

Post by loki »

The info you requested, here's the reg file for utorrent file association, had to zip it .reg files not allowed.
utorrent.zip
(411 Bytes) Downloaded 241 times
Okay, I played around in the registry and this file worked after I renamed the ico from deluge.ico to Deluge.ico, is capitalization the only reason why it worked?
Also it seems it doesn't want to manually apply this patch because it says some keys are currently being used by the system.
deluge.zip
(406 Bytes) Downloaded 248 times
Also the RC2 works for me, it still downloaded 2.12 and wanted to install it, I just hit cancel, I suppose I should have unselected to install the 2.12.

I did not check weather utorrent FF links were working, I suppose that doesn't matter at this point since it's working now.

And, keep up the good work, we finally got a small-ish install/installer. (this was probably the last thing that was really bugging me about the older 1.x versions, taking up almost 100Mb for just a torrent program)
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

loki wrote:Also the RC2 works for me, it still downloaded 2.12 and wanted to install it, I just hit cancel, I suppose I should have unselected to install the 2.12.
Yeah, this happen for me to occasionally. The installer checks for a GTK registry key (which is present), and I don't know why this fails sometimes. The funny thing is that when it fails (and 2.12 starts downloading), it usually works if I run the installer again..

This is a minor bug. Just hit cancel as you did.
richarnd
New User
New User

Post by richarnd »

jesperl wrote:
andar wrote:The stderr output may not actually be getting to the log, at least this is what I've found with windows at times.. Try running from the cmd prompt without logging to a file..
In that case, richarnd should start deluge.exe in the Deluge-Python dir, not via deluge.cmd.
I got things working, but I'm not sure how. When I ran the log command using the exe, instead of the cmd file, the program started up fine. I'm sure I tried starting the exe before, though.

I also tried the new installer RC2, and after it installed, I was able to start the program normally from the desktop icon it created (pointing to the cmd).

Thanks for the help - though I'm mystified as to what actually worked.