Release Candidate for a new Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
jesperl

Re: Release Candidate for a new Windows installer

Post by jesperl »

loki wrote:Oddly enough I found that my FF when choosing open in default torrent application says it fails and to try downloading file, when I set it to specifically use deluge.cmd or deluge.exe it works just fine. Which is a lot better than I can say about older 1.x versions.
Thanks, but it should really work without having to do anything in FF.. (that's the ambition, the installer should be plug-and-play)

Could it be that you have an old manual mime setting in FF that points to a previous, now deleted, version of Deluge?

I tried playing around with my FF mime types and checking the contents on the file mimeTypes.rdf

If I set the program for x-bittorrent manually, I get this in mimeTypes.rdf

Code: Select all

<RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mimetype:externalApplication:application/x-bittorrent"
                   NC:path="C:\Programmer\Deluge\deluge.cmd"
                   NC:prettyName="deluge.cmd" />
(I have a Danish WinXP, so C:\programmer = c:\program files).

If there is no FF association when you install Deluge, you will be prompted for the application the first time, and if you pick 'Use standard (Deluge)', the following is written to mimeTypes.rdf

<RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mimetype:application/x-bittorrent"
                   NC:value="application/x-bittorrent"
                   NC:editable="true"
                   NC:fileExtensions="torrent"
                   NC:description="Deluge">
    <NC:handlerProp RDF:resource="urn:mimetype:handler:application/x-bittorrent"/>
Suggestion: would you be willing to delete mineTypes.rdf in your FF profile? It will be regenerated and you will only loose the non-standard settings that you have set up in FF (non-standard = different from Windows associations).

That suggestion applies to anyone who's having problems with FF. In my experience, FF's mimeTypes.pdf can get screwed up, and deleting it is the simplest solution..

I also tried Internet Explorer and Opera. Both use the default Windows association for .torrent (use standard), Opera comes with its own BT client, so you need to disable that first.

Btw Loki, I am looking at the incompatibility with the GTK+ 2.14 runtime. The problem is missing DLLs since the packages differ (Windows people could learn from apt-get when it comes to packaging...). I'm almost done sorting it out...
richarnd
New User
New User

Post by richarnd »

Unfortunately the installer does not work for me. Deluge installs fine, but when I try to run it a command window appears then quickly exits. A log file is created, but it's empty.

Windows Vista x64 SP1. 1.1.0 worked fine for me.

I did uninstall 1.1.0 first. I don't know what version of GTK+ I had before, but I have a lot of GTK+ apps, including a recent version of GIMP. I didn't see a way to uninstall GTK. The RC installer did download and run the GTK+ 2.12 installer. I also tried downloading and installing GTK+ 2.14, but it didn't help.

I also tried deleting the %appdata%/deluge folder, with no effect. I'd rather not have to do that, btw.

Any help is appreciated. Let me know what other info would be useful.
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

richarnd wrote:Unfortunately the installer does not work for me. Deluge installs fine, but when I try to run it a command window appears then quickly exits. A log file is created, but it's empty.

Windows Vista x64 SP1. 1.1.0 worked fine for me.

I did uninstall 1.1.0 first. I don't know what version of GTK+ I had before, but I have a lot of GTK+ apps, including a recent version of GIMP. I didn't see a way to uninstall GTK. The RC installer did download and run the GTK+ 2.12 installer. I also tried downloading and installing GTK+ 2.14, but it didn't help.

I also tried deleting the %appdata%/deluge folder, with no effect. I'd rather not have to do that, btw.

Any help is appreciated. Let me know what other info would be useful.
What's your PATH environment variable? I need to see which GTK+ lib comes first.
richarnd
New User
New User

Post by richarnd »

jesperl wrote:
What's your PATH environment variable? I need to see which GTK+ lib comes first.
Here it is. Only the first item seems to be relevant, and that's the path where 2.12 installed.

C:\GTK\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Extractor\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Slideshow Assembler;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Slideshow Assembler;C:\apps\cltools
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

richarnd wrote:
jesperl wrote:
Here it is. Only the first item seems to be relevant, and that's the path where 2.12 installed.

C:\GTK\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Extractor\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Slideshow Assembler;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Slideshow Assembler;C:\apps\cltools
Hmm, strange. Try running deluge -L debug -l <logfile> and post the output.
richarnd
New User
New User

Post by richarnd »

jesperl wrote:
Hmm, strange. Try running deluge -L debug -l <logfile> and post the output.

Here it is:

[INFO    ] 23:48:28 main:113 Deluge ui 1.1.4
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 main:114 options: {'loglevel': 'debug', 'default_ui': None, 'args': None, 'quiet': False, 'ui': None, 'logfile': 'log.txt', 'config': None}
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 main:115 args: []
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 main:116 ui_args: []
[INFO    ] 23:48:28 main:119 Starting ui..
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 ui:35 UI init..
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 configmanager:79 Getting config 'ui.conf'
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 config:244 Config C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\deluge\ui.conf loaded: {'default_ui': 'gtk'}
[INFO    ] 23:48:28 ui:52 Starting GtkUI..
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 client:101 CoreProxy init..
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 configmanager:79 Getting config 'gtkui.conf'
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 config:244 Config C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtkui.conf loaded: {'close_to_tray': True, 'ntf_sound_path': 'C:\\Users\\Nathan', 'window_width': 640, 'default_load_path': None, 'window_y_pos': 0, 'ntf_email': False, 'tray_upload_speed_list': [5.0, 10.0, 30.0, 80.0, 300.0], 'show_statusbar': True, 'ntf_popup': False, 'ntf_pass': '', 'tray_download_speed_list': [5.0, 10.0, 30.0, 80.0, 300.0], 'autoconnect_host_uri': None, 'window_maximized': False, 'enable_system_tray': True, 'show_sidebar': True, 'show_connection_manager_on_start': True, 'lock_tray': False, 'ntf_sound': False, 'tray_password': '', 'focus_add_dialog': True, 'ntf_server': '', 'start_in_tray': False, 'ntf_tray_blink': True, 'check_new_releases': True, 'autoadd_queued': False, 'classic_mode': True, 'window_pane_position': -1, 'enabled_plugins': [], 'show_rate_in_title': False, 'autoadd_enable': False, 'ntf_username': '', 'interactive_add': True, 'sidebar_show_zero': False, 'window_x_pos': 0, 'window_height': 480, 'ntf_security': None, 'connection_limit_list': [50, 100, 200, 300, 500], 'sidebar_position': 170, 'show_new_releases': True, 'autoconnect': False, 'choose_directory_dialog_path': 'C:\\Users\\Nathan', 'sidebar_show_trackers': True, 'autostart_localhost': False, 'show_toolbar': True, 'autoadd_location': '', 'config_location': 'C:\\Users\\Nathan\\AppData\\Roaming\\deluge', 'ntf_email_add': '', 'signal_port': 55651}
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 component:94 Registered QueuedTorrents with ComponentRegistry..
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 component:94 Registered IPCInterface with ComponentRegistry..
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 ipcinterface:75 Processing args from other process: []
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 ipcinterface:78 Not connected to host.. Adding to queue.
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 component:94 Registered Signals with ComponentRegistry..
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 signalreceiver:44 SignalReceiver init..
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 config:124 Setting 'signal_port' to 42755 of <type 'int'>
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 config:269 Saving new config file C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtkui.conf.new
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 config:281 Backing up old config file to C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtkui.conf~
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 config:289 Moving new config file C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtkui.conf.new to C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\deluge\gtkui.conf..
[DEBUG   ] 23:48:28 component:94 Registered MainWindow with ComponentRegistry..
Thanks for the help.
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

Even stranger, there are no errors in the logfile?
richarnd
New User
New User

Post by richarnd »

jesperl wrote:Even stranger, there are no errors in the logfile?
None that I see.

Like I said, 1.1.0 worked great, so I have no idea what changed. I just also tried following the steps posted for installing 1.1.3 manually, and after installing all the different items, ended up with the same problem.

I also uninstalled all other GTK apps I could find (GIMP, mostly) - no effect.

I've got no idea what's going on.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

richarnd wrote:
jesperl wrote:Even stranger, there are no errors in the logfile?
None that I see.

Like I said, 1.1.0 worked great, so I have no idea what changed. I just also tried following the steps posted for installing 1.1.3 manually, and after installing all the different items, ended up with the same problem.

I also uninstalled all other GTK apps I could find (GIMP, mostly) - no effect.

I've got no idea what's going on.
Maybe you still have a conflicting version of GTK installed.. Did you try deleting the C:\GTK folder before installing 2.12?
richarnd
New User
New User

Post by richarnd »

andar wrote:
Maybe you still have a conflicting version of GTK installed.. Did you try deleting the C:\GTK folder before installing 2.12?
I just tried that. No effect.