Big appreciation

Thox

Big appreciation

Post by Thox »

I've been using Azureus and couldn't stand the interface, slow loading times, and many other parts. Since I've only recently been converted from Windows XP to Ubuntu (feisty), I really appreciate the similarity to uTorrent and how clean and fast the interface is.

I'd basically just like to say thanks - it's perfect for my requirements and I'd like to be able to help. Do you guys have a wishlist page of what you require? Money / hosting / publicity? I'm sure other people are like me and want to say thanks in some way.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Big appreciation

Post by andar »

Thox wrote:I've been using Azureus and couldn't stand the interface, slow loading times, and many other parts. Since I've only recently been converted from Windows XP to Ubuntu (feisty), I really appreciate the similarity to uTorrent and how clean and fast the interface is.

I'd basically just like to say thanks - it's perfect for my requirements and I'd like to be able to help. Do you guys have a wishlist page of what you require? Money / hosting / publicity? I'm sure other people are like me and want to say thanks in some way.
Just letting us know that you appreciate the work we've done is all that we require ;)
Lagg

Post by Lagg »

I'd also like to echo my appreciation for this project. While I've never really had a big problem with Azureus (my main client), there are times that using it has seemed like total overkill for generic use.

I came across Deluge on the Ubuntu forums when the Azureus package in the Ubuntu repositories started to act up. Deluge was around 0.49 at that time. Although it was still a little clunky, unstable, and not downloading as fast as other bittorrent clients, I could see the potential. The interface was clean, and it was easy on the resources. (The fact it's Python also allowed me to fix a problem with 0.49 ;) . Definitely inspired me to try making stuff in Python )

I got Azureus to work, but I still monitored the development of Deluge, and was pleased with the advancements of each release. I just downloaded 0.52 and I gotta say that so far I've been very impressed. I have yet to had it crash out (even on when trying on purpose) , and it seems to be able to able to download just as fast (if not in some cases FASTER) than other bittorrent clients I keep around.

I wish the best for this project in the future and look forward to more advancements and releases. (Especially that WebUI ;) )
traxen
New User
New User

Post by traxen »

Im just adding to the "big appreciation".. ;)

Have used Azureus and uTorrent under Windows before.. Fell in love with uTorrent and stuck by it. Used it under wine after my switch to Ubuntu. But after finding Deluge I ditched it.. and this will definetly be my primary client. I liked uTorrent, but after seeing how the forum was managed and knowing that it would never be open for the public to learn its inner workings.. It goes against what I believe in when it comes to the spirit of bittorent.

sooo..... Horray for free source.. :D
irfan
Leecher
Leecher

Post by irfan »

Thanks very much for your hard work!
gerdradecke

Post by gerdradecke »

Thanks from my site, too :) I was really happy when I finally found a client that is user friendly and at the same time, doesn't a need a lot of memory.
Buffalo Soldier

Post by Buffalo Soldier »

Big thanks for all the hardwork. I simply love deluge. Clean and simple interface. It's in Python. No reason not to love this app :)

Congrats on the 5.4 release too. You guys should really give yourself a pat on the back.
Montsegur87

Post by Montsegur87 »

Simple and lightweight , just like foobar2000
Cybrid

Post by Cybrid »

Add me too to the appreciation, you're doing a great job. But I think we also should thank the libtorrent guys. Without them, deluge development would have been a much harder job.
Ek0nomik
New User
New User

Post by Ek0nomik »

Put me down for some lovin'. :)

You guys have an excellent client going here. I appreciate all the hard work.