Feeder: a RSS-plugin for deluge >= 1.1

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
feffe

Feeder: a RSS-plugin for deluge >= 1.1

Post by feffe »

Hello,

since I've been missing a RSS plugin for use with the webui interface for deluge, I thought it would be nice to try to make my own. This is my first-ever attempt to code python, and also my first-ever attempt to web programming... In the end I think I managed the python programming better than the design of a web-interface...

So, the interface is pretty much useless, so if anyone would like to take a look at it and maybe design something better (or at least give some creative feedback) it would be nice. Also I have not done any gtk interface for the plugin, and most likely I never will.

So feel free to check it out and give me some feedback :)

Also note that this plugin also requires the feedparser python package to be installed.

You can also find the files at http://feeder.winterbird.org/

Update
It seems I was a bit fast with releasing this, so new version 0.2:
  • Fixed the timed refreshing of feeds (The timed update was only run once in the previous version... yes, I know, silly me not testing things better) ;)
  • Fixed so that the plugin does not try to refresh feeds that has been removed
  • Fixed link to feed page when feedname is more than one word
Version 0.3
  • Implemented activation/deactivation of filters
  • Show filter hits on filter settings page (I really suck at webdesign)
  • Fixed the bug that ignored the first letter in the title/url (thanks gazpachoking for pointing that out)
Version 0.4
  • fixed sorting of feeds and filters
  • Filter history (thanks to dack for the patch)
  • removed all configuration in the gtk-ui
  • fixed speed settings
  • fixed a bug where some filters would not run if some other filters where deactivated
  • implemented stop/remove at seed ratio
Attachments
feeder-0.4-src.tar.bz2
Feeder 0.4 source
(7.62 KiB) Downloaded 474 times
feeder-0.4.egg
Feeder 0.4
(22.67 KiB) Downloaded 848 times
Last edited by feffe on Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Feeder: a RSS-plugin for deluge >= 1.1

Post by andar »

Just had a quick look over the code and noticed that you are using a tabs and spaces throughout. I strongly suggest only using 4-spaces indentation as describe in PEP-8. The way it is currently done will only cause issues for other people modifying the code.

Also, you should be including the setup.py script with your plugin tarball.
feffe

Post by feffe »

I've replaced all tabs with spaces, apparently me and my editor didn't agree on the tab settings...
Also updated the tar file to include the setup.py script
junxuan

Post by junxuan »

this may sound a lil' dumb, but where exactly do i put the egg? Im kinda new to this.
feffe

Post by feffe »

You put the egg in the plugins subdirectory of your deluge configuration folder. For linux this is ~/.config/deluge/plugins, I don't know about other platforms.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

Are the regular expressions non-standard in this plugin?
I tried the filter scrubs.* (which I understand to match anything beginning with the string scrubs), which doesn't seem to match anything on my feed. (It should, there is a scrubs)
I then tried the regex .* which did seem to match anything on my feed.
Then I tried s.* which strangely also seemed to match everything in the feed (not only the torrents which start with 's' as expected.)
Any advice?
feffe

Post by feffe »

It searches in the title and link for something that matches your regex.

so .* will match everything, scrubs.* should match anything containing scrubs and s.* should match anything containing an s. If you want to match only something that begins with scrubs you should use '^scrubs' instead. That is afaik how regex should work... See http://www.regular-expressions.info/ for more regex magic.

but it is strange that the scrubs.* filter doesn't match your scrubs... perhaps you can send me your feeder.conf and I can take a look at it?
aqtrans

Post by aqtrans »

I cannot get this to work either. To match

Code: Select all

30 Rock
would I put

Code: Select all

30.rock.*
And is there any way to force it to try and match? Right now I'm just saving the filter in the WebUI and waiting for something to start downloading...
feffe

Post by feffe »

The plugin test the filters when you save it and when a feed is updated, so it should add any new torrent as soon as the filter is saved...
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

Ok, I think I figured out the problem. It seems like the first letter of the torrent title is getting cut off before it gets checked against the regex. i.e. the filter 'scrubs' 'Scrubs' '^scrubs' and 'scrubs.*' do not match anything, but the filter 'crubs' does. I tried this with several other shows as well and found the same: 'supernatural' = no go, 'upernatural' matches fine.