Feeder: a RSS-plugin for deluge >= 1.1

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
feffe

Re: Feeder: a RSS-plugin for deluge >= 1.1

Post by feffe »

phrame:
I was able to reproduce this error once... however, after restarting deluge (daemon and client) once to be able to view debug information, and re-adding the feed I can't reproduce it any longer... The '.' filter matches all torrents as expected... So try removing and re-adding your feed, and if it still doesn't work you can send me your config (or at least the debug information from client and daemon) and I'll see if I can figure something out.

wilberfan:
That is how the plugin is supposed to work. Make sure that the 'active' check box is checked on your filter, otherwise it just shows the matches, but doesn't add anything. Other than that, make sure that the links from the feeds are pointing directly to torrent files and not to info-pages or something like that since the plugin will blindly believe that the link is to a torrent file and nothing else.

And if I havn't made it clear enough yet: This plugin is not meant to be used with the gtk interface, if you want to be able to configure it with the gtk interface you will have to code the interface yourself. And btw. that goes for if you would like a web-interface that actually makes sense too ;)
wilberfan
New User
New User

Post by wilberfan »

Make sure that the 'active' check box is checked on your filter, otherwise it just shows the matches, but doesn't add anything. Other than that, make sure that the links from the feeds are pointing directly to torrent files and not to info-pages or something like that since the plugin will blindly believe that the link is to a torrent file and nothing else.
Thanks for helping to clear that up. I do have the "active" checked--but I suspect that the links aren't pointing to the actual .torrent. (It's the EZTV feed.) Sadly, it won't be all that much help if it can't 'find' the .torrent the way the Vuze rss feedreader does...

Still, I really like the web UI. I'll have to keep my eye on Deluge--see how it develops down the line! :ugeek:
phrame
New User
New User

Post by phrame »

feffe wrote:phrame:
I was able to reproduce this error once... however, after restarting deluge (daemon and client) once to be able to view debug information, and re-adding the feed I can't reproduce it any longer... The '.' filter matches all torrents as expected... So try removing and re-adding your feed, and if it still doesn't work you can send me your config (or at least the debug information from client and daemon) and I'll see if I can figure something out.
Before I forget, thanks for the help so far.

I tried restarting both the deluge daemon and webui client, and even did a reboot, but nothing changed, and the error persisted. I tried deleting and re-adding my feed, but that didn't do anything, and like I mentioned, I couldn't delete the filter.

I'm PMing you my feeder.conf and the logs from deluged and deluge -u web right now; I suspect it may be my fault, as I tinkered around with deluge's settings quite a bit to fit my preferences.
silverdulcet

Post by silverdulcet »

phrame wrote: Before I forget, thanks for the help so far.

I tried restarting both the deluge daemon and webui client, and even did a reboot, but nothing changed, and the error persisted. I tried deleting and re-adding my feed, but that didn't do anything, and like I mentioned, I couldn't delete the filter.
I ran into the same error. What I did was stop deluged as well as the webui. Then I deleted the feeder.conf file. Then I restarted deluged and the webui. Now when I configured the rss feed and added a filter it worked fine.
phrame
New User
New User

Post by phrame »

silverdulcet wrote:

I ran into the same error. What I did was stop deluged as well as the webui. Then I deleted the feeder.conf file. Then I restarted deluged and the webui. Now when I configured the rss feed and added a filter it worked fine.
I did that, except I still had the error afterwards.

Did you do anything differently when you configured it the second time?
feffe

Post by feffe »

wilberfan wrote:
Make sure that the 'active' check box is checked on your filter, otherwise it just shows the matches, but doesn't add anything. Other than that, make sure that the links from the feeds are pointing directly to torrent files and not to info-pages or something like that since the plugin will blindly believe that the link is to a torrent file and nothing else.
Thanks for helping to clear that up. I do have the "active" checked--but I suspect that the links aren't pointing to the actual .torrent. (It's the EZTV feed.) Sadly, it won't be all that much help if it can't 'find' the .torrent the way the Vuze rss feedreader does...

Still, I really like the web UI. I'll have to keep my eye on Deluge--see how it develops down the line! :ugeek:
I took a quick look at the feed, and it seems like the links are pointing directly to the torrent files. However, if you access them from the feed they lead to the mininova page of the torrent instead. I would think that the way I'm adding torrents that shouldn't be any problems... I'll put it on my todo list for now, don't really have that much time to spare at the moment.
silverdulcet

Post by silverdulcet »

phrame wrote:
silverdulcet wrote:

I did that, except I still had the error afterwards.

Did you do anything differently when you configured it the second time?
Nope, I didn't do anything differently. When I encountered the error I was not able to delete the feed I had configured. So I shutdown deluge -u web/deluged and deleted the feeder.conf file. Then restarted both, configured the rss feed the same way I had before, then configured some filters. When I clicked on the filters I configured the error was no longer there.
silverdulcet

Post by silverdulcet »

feffe wrote:
wilberfan wrote:

I took a quick look at the feed, and it seems like the links are pointing directly to the torrent files. However, if you access them from the feed they lead to the mininova page of the torrent instead. I would think that the way I'm adding torrents that shouldn't be any problems... I'll put it on my todo list for now, don't really have that much time to spare at the moment.
I'm having similar difficulties with the eztv feed. I've tried both http://tvrss.net/feed/unique/ and http://tvrss.net/feed/legacy/unique/. The feeder plugin matches filters I've made for both those feeds, but does not load the torrent for download. I think when you click on the links inside a browser it redirects you to the http://www.mininova.org/tor/(torrent #), yet if you look at the link its http://www.mininova.org/get/(torrent #). When you use wget with the "get" link it will download the torrent file. If you need any logs to look into this let me know.
hordak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by hordak »

Since you asked a while ago, this is the error that I get in Firefox with Window XP SP3 32 bit.

Installation must be different for webui aps.

http://localhost:8112/config/feeder

--Deluge Error--
Exception : no config page named:"feeder"
path : /config/feeder
file : C:\Program Files\deluge\Lib\site-packages\deluge\ui\webui\config_forms.py in get_form_class, line 67

--Input--
<Storage {}>

--Versions--
WebUi : 1.1.0r
Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]:

--Traceback--
File "C:\Program Files\deluge\Lib\site-packages\deluge\ui\webui\lib\webpy022\webapi.py", line 310, in wsgifunc
result = func()
File "C:\Program Files\deluge\Lib\site-packages\deluge\ui\webui\lib\webpy022\request.py", line 131, in <lambda>
func = lambda: handle(inp, fvars)
File "C:\Program Files\deluge\Lib\site-packages\deluge\ui\webui\lib\webpy022\request.py", line 61, in handle
return tocall(*([x and urllib.unquote(x) for x in args] + fna))
File "C:\Program Files\deluge\Lib\site-packages\deluge\ui\webui\page_decorators.py", line 75, in deco
return func(self, name) #check_session:ok
File "C:\Program Files\deluge\Lib\site-packages\deluge\ui\webui\page_decorators.py", line 93, in deco
return func(self, name) #check_connected:ok
File "C:\Program Files\deluge\Lib\site-packages\deluge\ui\webui\page_decorators.py", line 48, in deco
res = func(self, name) #deluge_page_noauth
File "C:\Program Files\deluge\Lib\site-packages\deluge\ui\webui\config_forms.py", line 75, in GET
form_class = self.get_form_class(name)
File "C:\Program Files\deluge\Lib\site-packages\deluge\ui\webui\config_forms.py", line 68, in get_form_class
raise Exception('no config page named:"%s"' % name)

I could give more details, if you need them.
hordak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by hordak »

I finally figured out how to get this plugin installed on Windows XP.

1. Download feedparser-4.1.zip from http://sourceforge.net/projects/feedparser/
2. Place feeder-03.egg in C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Application Data\deluge\plugins
3. Extract feedparser.py from zip file to C:\Program Files\Deluge\Lib\site-packages
4. Launch both Deluge Daemon and Deluge Webui from start menu
5. Login to webui in firefox http://localhost:8112/
6. Config menu -> enable plugin feeder

Now I have to see if it works like the flexRSS plugin.