Some bugs found in RC3

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
yarus23
New User
New User

Some bugs found in RC3

Post by yarus23 »

1. When there are several trackers in torrent - only the first will be announced (I cannot say 100% please check it, but it seems so)
2. Using Linux server and Windows client on LAN - it is impossible from Windows client to add a peer, to add a torrent from file because of interface glitches.
3. Sometimes Windows UI stops updating a progress, sometimes disconnects from LAN server.

Other functionality goes pretty well, thank you for this beautiful piece of software.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Some bugs found in RC3

Post by johnnyg »

yarus23 wrote:1. When there are several trackers in torrent - only the first will be announced (I cannot say 100% please check it, but it seems so)
deluge will (only) announce to the first available tracker - this is what the official bittorrent spec says despite a few clients doing otherwise.
That said, libtorrent (which deluge is built on) is looking at multiple announcements. Once it implements it, deluge will also have it.
yarus23 wrote: 2. Using Linux server and Windows client on LAN - it is impossible from Windows client to add a peer, to add a torrent from file because of interface glitches.
This works fine for me. Can you be more specific with the interface glitches?
yarus23 wrote: 3. Sometimes Windows UI stops updating a progress, sometimes disconnects from LAN server.
That sounds more like connectivity problems rather than problems with deluge.
Does this happen alot when you are downloading/uploading at full speed? It's possible that the server is being flooded and cannot reply.