Webui and Blocklist & flexRSS

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
tzd99
New User
New User

Webui and Blocklist & flexRSS

Post by tzd99 »

Hi guys!

Stumbled upon this excellent piece of software when installing a console based Ubuntu Intrepid (8.10) server.
I'm currently using the webui and it's working like a charm! I've got two things I'd like to have though:

1: I'd like to have the blocklist plugin but since I'm unable to use the gtk ui I'm finding it difficult to get. Has anyone got it to work within the webui? Please tell me how if that's the case since I can't find anything about this in the forum or via google.

2: Afaik, the flexRSS plugin doesn't support webui at all right? If there's any alternative for handling rss feeds via webui, or in case someone managed to get it working, could you please direct me to this?

That's the only 2 things I'm missing with this software. Everything else is amazing. Was about to install rtorrent when i noticed this which was a LOT better... still not as good as utorrent or ktorrent as i previously used but I'm sure Deluge will kick butt once you'll get the two things above working :)
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Webui and Blocklist & flexRSS

Post by johnnyg »

tzd99 wrote:1: I'd like to have the blocklist plugin but since I'm unable to use the gtk ui I'm finding it difficult to get. Has anyone got it to work within the webui? Please tell me how if that's the case since I can't find anything about this in the forum or via google.
You should be able to enable the blocklist plugin within the web ui (under "Config"->"Enabled Plugins"). Doesn't this work?
Alternatively you could use the GTK client remotely.

[quote="tzd99""]
2: Afaik, the flexRSS plugin doesn't support webui at all right? If there's any alternative for handling rss feeds via webui, or in case someone managed to get it working, could you please direct me to this?[/quote]
Currently the only RSS plugin is GTK UI only.
This will hopefully change in the future.
In the meantime, if you know python, you could write a ui client script to fetch RSS feeds.
tzd99
New User
New User

Post by tzd99 »

You should be able to enable the blocklist plugin within the web ui (under "Config"->"Enabled Plugins"). Doesn't this work?
Alternatively you could use the GTK client remotely.
That didn't appear under the Ajax template but once I changed to the classic/default theme I saw the option you've mentioned. Many thanks!
EDIT: After trying to import the different types listed, nothing happens. This is what I've done:

* I've changed port for the daemon (connects fine with it since I'm able to download torrents)
* I've enabled blocklist under plugins and i then got the blocklist listed under plugins
* Under blocklist I've ticked all three option (Import on daemon start, Download now, Import now) and pressed save.
* I've done the above for all default listed types and then I've tried pointing to other suggested sources such as bluetack etc.
* I've rebooted the server after this without any luck

After pressing refresh below the "Blocked Ranges" still remains at 0.

I'm currently on ubuntu server 8.10 with Deluge 1.1.0_RC2. I read a different thread( http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =7&t=13585 ) that mentioned installing a modified "egg". I tried following the suggestions in that thread but failed quite fast since I don't know how to install this new egg via the webui? I don't seem to have the option to "Install" new plugins?

EDIT2: Fired up the webui now and all of a sudden it's there, the blocked range!!! Perhaps it took quite some time to download and install? Anyway, as long as it works then I'm a happy man :) Thanks for all your help and please keep up the good work ;)
PS! I'm currently using the default (http://www.deluge-torrent.org/blocklist ... ter.dat.gz) block list... I suppose it won' make a huge difference if i change to another one such as the bluetack one? DS!

Currently the only RSS plugin is GTK UI only.
This will hopefully change in the future.
In the meantime, if you know python, you could write a ui client script to fetch RSS feeds.
Yeah I think a lot of people are starting to use rss feed downloading which hopefully might help in future developments. Sadly, I'm not much of a programmer :/
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

tzd99 wrote:EDIT2: Fired up the webui now and all of a sudden it's there, the blocked range!!! Perhaps it took quite some time to download and install? Anyway, as long as it works then I'm a happy man :) Thanks for all your help and please keep up the good work ;)
PS! I'm currently using the default (http://www.deluge-torrent.org/blocklist ... ter.dat.gz) block list... I suppose it won' make a huge difference if i change to another one such as the bluetack one? DS!
It can take awhile to import depending on your computer.
It's also quite possible that the web ui isn't properly displaying the import.

The only problem with bluetack's lists is that they tend to be unreliable in terms of uptime (i.e. the site is often down) - this is why deluge keeps a mirror of them. But you can use them if you want.