do not dowload, normal, high, highest priority.

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
schmick
New User
New User

do not dowload, normal, high, highest priority.

Post by schmick »

As of some versions before 1.0.7., you could choose to download only some files from a torrent, or priorize them.
Now, with 1.0.6 and 1.0.7, right-clicking on a file and choosing Don't download, does nothing.
Checked on Ubuntu Hardy 8.04

btw, when it used to work, the completion slider usually only got up to 97 +-2% when downloading a few files, even though MD5 hash showed file was 100% done. Might do well to check on that too.
Good work ppl!
Deluge still top 1 on my list.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: do not dowload, normal, high, highest priority.

Post by markybob »

schmick wrote:As of some versions before 1.0.7., you could choose to download only some files from a torrent, or priorize them.
Now, with 1.0.6 and 1.0.7, right-clicking on a file and choosing Don't download, does nothing.

btw, when it used to work, the completion slider usually only got up to 97 +-2% when downloading a few files, even though MD5 hash showed file was 100% done. Might do well to check on that too.
Good work ppl!
are you using compact allocation? priority only works with full allocation. you'll need to remove those torrents and readd them as full.
schmick
New User
New User

Post by schmick »

markybob wrote: are you using compact allocation? priority only works with full allocation. you'll need to remove those torrents and readd them as full.
Exactly, strange though as I "thought" I was using full allocation.
Either way, it would be wise to advice the non-working priority with compact allocation.
Thx for the info
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

schmick wrote:
markybob wrote: are you using compact allocation? priority only works with full allocation. you'll need to remove those torrents and readd them as full.
Exactly, strange though as I "thought" I was using full allocation.
Either way, it would be wise to advice the non-working priority with compact allocation.
Thx for the info
svn already does and it'll be in 1.1
stheg

Post by stheg »

markybob wrote:
schmick wrote:As of some versions before 1.0.7., you could choose to download only some files from a torrent, or priorize them.

Good work ppl!
are you using compact allocation? priority only works with full allocation. you'll need to remove those torrents and readd them as full.
I'm using 1.06 on Windows and have always used full allocation. Priority does not work. I'm currently trying to download some files in a massive torrent. Many of the files that I have set as "Do not download" are downloading and some that I have marked as High Priority or Highest Priority are not downloading at all. I have starting and stopping the torrent, removing and re-adding and closing the program and reopening it. Nothing is making Priority work.