PYTHON

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
FatherH
New User
New User

PYTHON

Post by FatherH »

Could somebody please explain the purpose of Python.exe which opens with Deluge - - and is it necessary??

I'm finding that when Python is running my entire computer - and especially Deluge - work at an extremely slower pace. For example, it takes many, many seconds just to open a drop-down window once I've clicked it within Deluge - - and scrolling through this software is almost impossible..

Thanks
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: PYTHON

Post by johnnyg »

python is a scripting language, it's what deluge is written in and hence is necessary.
FatherH
New User
New User

Post by FatherH »

Thank you for this information.

Can you/somebody now explain to me why two (2) python.exe files open and run each time I try to use Deluge??

Could the be the reason Deluge is soooooooooo sloooooooooooooooow (not in downloading "stuff" but in actual program functions)??

Also, is there anyway to prevent Python from basically taking over my computer - - i.e., when it's running I can't do very much with other programs (my system is a P4, 3.2Mhz with 2gig or ram)?

Thanks
loki

Post by loki »

It requires 2 python.exe's, one for deluge.exe, the other for deluged.exe... and even one more deluge.exe if you are running the webUI also.

As to why it needs one for each process... it does seem flawed in some way but I think it has to do something with the limitations in Windows.
And, as for it slowing down the whole computer, I highly doubt it. I run a dual-core 2.4GHz processor 4Gb of ram. They all seem to hover around the 0-4% or so, it only goes above that if it is hash-checking. Comparatively explorer takes up at least twice the resources in one process... In short, there must be something else going on to slow down the whole system.