Deluge ports stop working if not constantly changed

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
lytnus
New User
New User

Deluge ports stop working if not constantly changed

Post by lytnus »

Heya,

I downloaded Deluge the other day and initially everything seemed fine, but now, despite no changes, the port(s) deluge picks/I select for deluge stop working after maybe 20 minutes, with the test page going from "Port open, yay" to "Port closed". Each time this happens I have to change the port used in order to keep a port open.

As you can imagine, this destroys any ability to automate torrent downloading or leave it unattended as my download speeds are torn to shreds every time the port mysteriously closes again! I have used UPnP and manual control and regardless, the port works for the first 20 minutes then I have to go and pick a new port.

Don't spose anyone knows anything about this?

Thanks in advance,
James
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge ports stop working if not constantly changed

Post by markybob »

lytnus wrote:Heya,

I downloaded Deluge the other day and initially everything seemed fine, but now, despite no changes, the port(s) deluge picks/I select for deluge stop working after maybe 20 minutes, with the test page going from "Port open, yay" to "Port closed". Each time this happens I have to change the port used in order to keep a port open.

As you can imagine, this destroys any ability to automate torrent downloading or leave it unattended as my download speeds are torn to shreds every time the port mysteriously closes again! I have used UPnP and manual control and regardless, the port works for the first 20 minutes then I have to go and pick a new port.

Don't spose anyone knows anything about this?

Thanks in advance,
James
no, it doesnt. it's probably some firewall that you're using or your router/gateway is struggling...deluge does not do this.
lytnus
New User
New User

Re: Deluge ports stop working if not constantly changed

Post by lytnus »

perhaps you are right, although I did not have problem previously. I shall see if the same thing happens with another client (when my downloads are finished :D ).