Daemon and webui

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Dartan

Daemon and webui

Post by Dartan »

Is there a way to have the webui start when you start the Deluge daemon? I use the webui more than any other interface, but it gets annoying have to ssh into my computer to start the webui whenever I want to connect to it.

Dave
Mindzai

Re: Daemon and webui

Post by Mindzai »

There's a few ways, probably the easiest if you are using ubuntu or similar is via the gnome sessions application - i just add the deamon startup and web ui startup commands as session items. I've also started both on boot on a headless debian server by adding the following to by /etc/inittab (backup first!):

Code: Select all

# run deluged (on port 58846) with logging to /var/log/deluged.log
dd:2:respawn:su - youruser -c "/usr/bin/deluged -d -p 58846 &> /var/log/deluge/d$
# run deluge webui with logging to /var/log/deluge-webui.log
dw:2:respawn:su - youruser -c "/usr/bin/deluge -u web &> /var/log/deluge/deluge-$
Just remember to change the username to match the user you run deluge as, and the 2 to reference the default runlevel as stated at the top of inittab:

Code: Select all

# The default runlevel.
id:2:initdefault:
Both of those methods assume you want to have the deluged and webui running all the time - if not, i'm not too sure. You could always write a script to do it but you'd still have to ssh in to run it anyway. Easiest was is probably just having them start by themselves at boot.
Dartan

Post by Dartan »

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am using Ubuntu and would like it to start at boot time. Unfortunately Ubuntu no longer uses inittab and instead uses upstart. Any idea on how to get it to start at boot time with upstart?

Dave
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

there's a whole (stickied) thread on startup scripts for daemon + web ui on a headless server: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... f=7&t=3185

I personally use the script in this post: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =10#p23935
which works fine on ubuntu server (ubuntu still supports init.d).

You could write your own upstart script and add it to the thread (I was contemplating doing this but the problem with upstart is that it's currently only supported by ubuntu).