Why can't the Blocklist Plugin import PeerGuardian P2B (Gzip

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
jimmy the saint
New User
New User

Why can't the Blocklist Plugin import PeerGuardian P2B (Gzip

Post by jimmy the saint »

All it does is hang up on "Importing 0"
What am I doing wrong? I have to shut down the daemon in order to get it out of this damned loop.
jimmy the saint
New User
New User

Re: Why can't the Blocklist Plugin import PeerGuardian P2B (Gzip

I do hope that some work goes into this. It is a real pain to have to download the list, extract the list, ftp it to my headless server, and tell deluged to import it.
loki

Post by loki »

I think if you are extracting the list that's the problem there. The blocklist plugin should download the file and import it automatically... although there was a report a while ago that the peerguardian lists don't import.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

Can you give the link of the block list you are trying to import?
dark5tar

Post by dark5tar »

I posted this in the development section for 1.0.4 --

the blocklist plugin does NOT change the Url in the URL box when you make a different selection other than the default Emule list.

For those of you who dont know - there is a RC 1 vista release of Peer Guardian 2. I have been using it without many issues, however u do have to make a batch file to force it to clear the list cache and then reupdate from time to time.
deluge001

Post by deluge001 »

jimmy the saint wrote:I do hope that some work goes into this. It is a real pain to have to download the list, extract the list, ftp it to my headless server, and tell deluged to import it.

Can you give us the ftp server name?
jimmy the saint
New User
New User

It is the default peerguardian server. When you select peerguardian it downloads the file just fine, but just sits there doing nothing. you have to kill the program to get it out of the loop.

This has never worked for me. It seems to me that the plugin is not properly calling on the compression utility, because it has no problem with plain text files. The problem is that this requires a download, decompression, and importation, all done manually. I have raised this issue before, but it is still broken. Also, now the term "blocklist" is apparently too common to search for in the forums. I think that when one feature causes so many problems that the forum staff have to block the dang thing as a search term some serious work needs to go into that particular feature. I have pretty much given up on using it and I installed Moblock instead. It is a real shame because the rest of the program has received such care and attention. I don't know why such a key feature would be broken for over a year.
Last edited by jimmy the saint on Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

jimmy the saint wrote:This has never worked for me. It seems to me that the plugin is not properly calling on the compression utility, because it has no problem with plain text files. The problem is that this requires a download, decompression, and importation, all done manually. I have raised this issue before, but it is still broken. Also, now the term "blocklist" is apparently too common to search for in the forums. I think that when one feature causes so many problems that the forum staff have to block the dang thing as a search term some serious work needs to go into that particular feature. I have pretty much given up on using it and I installed Moblock instead. It is a real shame because the rest of the program has received such care and attention. I don't know why such a key feature would be broken for over a year.
I'm still waiting for someone to give me a link to a peerguardian file.
jimmy the saint
New User
New User

This is the list that I think it should be downloading

http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/level1.gz
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

jimmy the saint wrote:This is the list that I think it should be downloading

http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/level1.gz
This looks like it's in Peerguardian Text format and not a Peerguardian P2B format. I guess the best solution would be to add a Peerguard Text (Gzip) type to use these types of files.