my 50 cents

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
paziek
New User
New User

my 50 cents

Post by paziek »

)> Ability to resize columns to a size smaller than the column name.
For example, for me, "Seeds" is "Udostępniających" and "Peers" is "Pobierających".. and the list goes on :P
Just truncate name if there's no space for it ;-)

)> Scrollbar on the right side, so that I can vertically resize window even more, while still having details after scrolling a bit down. [I know that I can hide details, but I would still prefer to scroll em out of view, than hide entirely]

)> Move torrent files [.torrent] to a specified folder, after successful download. I'm using that as "downloads history", so it doesn't really have to be exactly that, it could be some kind of list for example. Though having those torrent files archived might be good idea anyway ;]

)> Download even if there's not enough space, until there's actually no space at all [on hdd].
I often start downloading and sort out my HDD in the mean time, so that precious KB won't be wasted during that time ;-)
And if some1 chose to preallocate his files, then at least add torrent file to the queue, but don't start it yet.

)> Some kind of priorities - for example, I'm downloading 2 files, with first one having twice as much peers as the second one, and the second one, having exactly [well, not exactly, since it has 50% of those peers, but peers from file 2 are also in file 1] the same peers as the first one. So when I put first priority on the second file, then first file, won't use peers from second file. [lol, confusing ^^]
And something similar for bandwidth, if it were hit the connection limit.

That, and those already suggested - and I can finally quit uTorrent ;]
eternalsword

Re: my 50 cents

Post by eternalsword »

I second the suggestion for file priority (that's for multiple files within the same torrent). I still run some of batch torrents in utorrent because of this.
paziek
New User
New User

Post by paziek »

Oh yeah, one more:

)> Append extension for incomplete downloads
like .!ur in uTorrent.

UPDATE: ;]

)> Don't resize column "Name" after adding torrent, in order to fit that torrent name, please ;-)
Hmm, it seems, like it happens if I open torrent with deluge, when its not yet running. Ignore that one, until I get more reliable info :P
Last edited by paziek on Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zekopeko

Post by zekopeko »

paziek wrote:Oh yeah, one more:

like .!ur in uTorrent.
it would be better to have incomplete and complete folder for this purpose and perhaps torrent folder
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

zekopeko wrote:
paziek wrote:Oh yeah, one more:

like .!ur in uTorrent.
it would be better to have incomplete and complete folder for this purpose and perhaps torrent folder
I like the idea of appending an extension more because I download to many different directories. I don't want all my completed torrents to move to the same place. I guess if it downloaded to an incomplete directory at first then moved completed files into the specified download directory that would be alright. The problem I am having now is that my frontend for TV shows lists all my partial downloads right alongside the finished ones. e.x. I am downloading 17 seasons of The Simpsons and I don't want any of the eps to get parsed by my FE until they complete downloading.
Marthin
New User
New User

Post by Marthin »

I think so, that appending of e.g. .!dg will be good...

I have opened ticket for it
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Marthin wrote:I think so, that appending of e.g. .!dg will be good...

I have opened ticket for it
duplicate of #469
Marthin
New User
New User

Post by Marthin »

ohh, sorry....i have searched just for 'extension' :oops: