Can't set port

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Mindzai

Can't set port

Post by Mindzai »

Hi

I just noticed I'm not getting any incoming connections. I checked my network settings and I see that a random port is being used. However the 'use random port' option is not checked, and I have entered a port in the necessary places. Checking random, applying, unchecking and applying doesnt work (it just sets a different random port), nor does a restart. Any ideas?
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Can't set port

Post by andar »

Mindzai wrote:Hi

I just noticed I'm not getting any incoming connections. I checked my network settings and I see that a random port is being used. However the 'use random port' option is not checked, and I have entered a port in the necessary places. Checking random, applying, unchecking and applying doesnt work (it just sets a different random port), nor does a restart. Any ideas?
Deluge will set a random port (when random ports isn't active) only when the desired listen port is unavailable.
Mindzai

Post by Mindzai »

OK thanks, changing the port seems to have worked, now just need to figure out why my usual port is unavailable! :shock:
_nz_
New User
New User

Post by _nz_ »

Hi

I have the same problem of Mindzai and I'm getting crazy to find a solution.
I set a TCP port (i.e. 39788) in preferences/network window but everytime I start Deluge I see that a random port is being used :o
That is very strange also because the "use random port" option is not checked, of course.
Random port means NO incoming connections and an upload level close to zero!

x andar
I checked all settings on my Netgear router and I can confirm the ports I'm trying to setup in Deluge are available and open!
I think this a BUG of 1.0.x version also because a lot of my friends have the same problem. I hope someone can fix it soon :)

Sorry for my bad english and regards from Italy.
_NZ_
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

_nz_ wrote:Hi

I have the same problem of Mindzai and I'm getting crazy to find a solution.
I set a TCP port (i.e. 39788) in preferences/network window but everytime I start Deluge I see that a random port is being used :o
That is very strange also because the "use random port" option is not checked, of course.
Random port means NO incoming connections and an upload level close to zero!

x andar
I checked all settings on my Netgear router and I can confirm the ports I'm trying to setup in Deluge are available and open!
I think this a BUG of 1.0.x version also because a lot of my friends have the same problem. I hope someone can fix it soon :)

Sorry for my bad english and regards from Italy.
_NZ_
It could be that a program running on your computer has opened that port.. Are you running another torrent client with that listen port?
_nz_
New User
New User

Post by _nz_ »

no
I have only two p2p clients in my linux box: amule and deluge
amule is working with different tcp and udp ports and it works really fine! (this also means my router is okay!)

to be sure I have changed the tcp port in Deluge settings around 100 times: everytime the same problem appears :cry:

I can setup any tcp port I like but Deluge detects it as closed and looks for different ports!
i.e. if I setup the port #35000 then Deluge listens on port #36000, if I setup the port #36000 then Deluge listens on port #37000, and so on.
It's a neverending loop..... :(

using the old 0.5.x version I have never seen this problem.....

any idea?
_nz_
New User
New User

Post by _nz_ »

new version (1.0.5) but the "random port problem" is still alive :o :cry:

HELP!
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

Have you tried using netstat to see if the port is open?
sg4032

Post by sg4032 »

I had the same problem and found a solution. The program doesn't end properly and there is still a process called "deluged" using the port when deluge is closed. So when starting again the port is closed and the program is forced to take a new one. So just close all deluge processes by hand when restarting.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

sg4032 wrote:I had the same problem and found a solution. The program doesn't end properly and there is still a process called "deluged" using the port when deluge is closed. So when starting again the port is closed and the program is forced to take a new one. So just close all deluge processes by hand when restarting.
deluged is the daemon, it sounds like you've disabled classic mode in deluge.
do the opposite of what is said here: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq# ... ittheGTKUI