UPnP, but no incoming connections

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
lxxxiii
New User
New User

UPnP, but no incoming connections

Post by lxxxiii »

Hi. First of all, let me say thanks to the developers for making an awesome program. I've been using Deluge for a while ever since my move to Linux and it's really good. I'm using the latest version 1.0.2 installed with the .deb file.

Previously, UPnP with the router just worked so I didn't have to forward the port manually. Now it just gives me the message "no incoming connections". I checked `test active port' and it tells me the port is closed. On another (Windows) machine on the same network, it just works (with uTorrent). Strange. How to solve it?

Thanks for the coming answers, and I hope Deluge will continue to bloom.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: UPnP, but no incoming connections

Post by johnnyg »

What does "Preferences->Network: Test Active Port" say?
lxxxiii
New User
New User

Post by lxxxiii »

johnnyg wrote:What does "Preferences->Network: Test Active Port" say?
lxxxiii wrote:I checked `test active port' and it tells me the port is closed.
AstralStorm

Post by AstralStorm »

Exactly the same problem as poster above. This prevents me from using DHT to its fullest extent.
The router is Linksys WAG200G. uTorrent works well under Windows from the same machine for comparison.
csahin
New User
New User

Post by csahin »

Same problem. UPNP works fine on 1.0.0 but doesn't work at all using 1.0.2
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

lxxxiii wrote:Hi. First of all, let me say thanks to the developers for making an awesome program. I've been using Deluge for a while ever since my move to Linux and it's really good. I'm using the latest version 1.0.2 installed with the .deb file.

Previously, UPnP with the router just worked so I didn't have to forward the port manually. Now it just gives me the message "no incoming connections". I checked `test active port' and it tells me the port is closed. On another (Windows) machine on the same network, it just works (with uTorrent). Strange. How to solve it?

Thanks for the coming answers, and I hope Deluge will continue to bloom.
We believe that this has been fixed and will be apart of the next bugfix release.
Vampboy
New User
New User

Post by Vampboy »

I noticed this problem, and when I went into preferences, I noticed that Deluge was not using the ports I specified, but rather was randomizing the ports. i have a upnp router, but my firewall isn't so it is bouncing off my ubuntu 8.04 firewall. hope that helps
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

We spent quite a few hours debugging the upnp stuff lastnight and we managed to identify 2 issues. The first being a regression in libtorrent that basically made upnp non-functional. The second being an issue with routers that would respond to port mapping requests using chunked encoding which libtorrent does not understand. So upnp in 1.0.3 will work better on more routers.
lxxxiii
New User
New User

Post by lxxxiii »

That's pretty good news to read, andar. Congrats on finding the bugs, and thanks for the efforts. I bet it feels good to identify and destroy those bugs :D
sua

Post by sua »

Another problem with deluge and UPnP could be the fact that open ports are not properly closed again. Some routers have a maximum of open UPnP ports, if this amount is reached, no new ports can be opened. When deluge randomly opens new ports and it doesn't seem to close them when closing the program., this can stop UPnP working properly with deluge. Maybe the developers could look at this issue as well.

I'm using deluge 1.0.2 on ubuntu hardy, 64bit.