Stuck on "checking"

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
jimmy the saint
New User
New User

Stuck on "checking"

Post by jimmy the saint »

I have deluged running on my headless gutsy server. I am able to connect to it through the gtk gui on my laptop. When I find a torrent with my laptop and add it to deluge, it just says "checking" forever. I waited a half hour, and still nothing. Just says "checking" sometimes it says "chekcing" and others it says "checking 0.00%"

Is this a known bug? I have not found a post with a solution.
This is not an issue with a specif torrent file. I have tried 6 files from three sites and the same behavior is displayed.

Thanks

JTS
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Stuck on "checking"

Post by johnnyg »

does forcing a recheck do anything?
waltherbans
Leecher
Leecher

Post by waltherbans »

same here with the newest svn on ubuntu 8.10 (beta), using the "normal" gui (no headless server).
forcing a recheck doesn't help.
curious:
  • it happens to torrents which are already finished (added them for seeding)
  • most torrents work well but just a few stuck on "checking" (not systematically, i think).
  • After restarting deluge some more torrents work but some stuck on "checking".
IGITIHI
New User
New User

Post by IGITIHI »

I am now using Deluge 1.0.3 and I am still facing the same problem: when deluge tries to check big incomplete torrents (larger than 1 GB or so), it just says "checking" or "checking 0,00%" for ever. Even if I remove and re-add the torrent, the same thing happens. There doesn't seem to be a way to make the torrent continue downloading.

Is there a fix or a workaround? This problem is serious and I may be forced to use another client :cry:
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

IGITIHI wrote:I am now using Deluge 1.0.3 and I am still facing the same problem: when deluge tries to check big incomplete torrents (larger than 1 GB or so), it just says "checking" or "checking 0,00%" for ever. Even if I remove and re-add the torrent, the same thing happens. There doesn't seem to be a way to make the torrent continue downloading.

Is there a fix or a workaround? This problem is serious and I may be forced to use another client :cry:
Could you please send me the .torrent?

andrewresch@gmail.com

Also, are you selecting any file priorities?
IGITIHI
New User
New User

Post by IGITIHI »

andar wrote:Could you please send me the .torrent?

andrewresch@gmail.com

Also, are you selecting any file priorities?
Sorry, I can't send it to you because it's from a private tracker.

No, I don't select file priorities. It's a single-file torrent.
rosenberg

Post by rosenberg »

I had the same problem, I later found out ( after trying a lot of difficult things first) that the partition I was downloading to was full. Something you might want to check.
IGITIHI
New User
New User

Post by IGITIHI »

The partition is definitely not full. And the problem keeps happening all the time... :(
sodapop

Post by sodapop »

check that the user account deluge runs from has write permission to the disk