Deluge 1.0.0 kills my bandwidth

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Sciamano

Deluge 1.0.0 kills my bandwidth

Post by Sciamano »

Hello,
I've been using Deluge for some time now (on Ubuntu Gutsy). Today I upgraded to v1.0.0, and when I launched it, I discovered to my surprise that all my old settings were gone! :o
The "new" Deluge kills my bandwidth (10mbit half duplex), and I can't seem to find a satisfying way to configure it. Any suggestions?
How many max connections are the optimum?
And what about the "per torrent" settings?
I tried many combinations, but can't seem to find a solution. Either it kills all my bandwidth or downloads are very slow...

Thanks
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge 1.0.0 kills my bandwidth

Post by johnnyg »

there will be a settings wizard in deluge 1.1.0 but until then, what is your upload speed?
you need to specify the max number of connections and upload speed so that deluge doesn't kill your bandwidth.
you can either do that by looking at the python code from deluge 0.5: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/browser/b ... /wizard.py (you need to understand python to do that)
or there are various sites which tell you how to do it (e.g. http://torrentfreak.com/speed-up-your-torrents-ii/)
Sciamano

Post by Sciamano »

Unfortunately I know nothing about python... and I've already followed the guide's suggestions, but they still killed my bandwidth.
These are my actual settings, which work and don't kill my bandwidth, but downloads are slower than before.

Also, the DHT nodes used to be around 300 with Deluge 0.5.x, now I only get 1! [EDIT: I think I solved this by changing the ports Deluge uses]

Global Bandwidth usage:
Maximum Connections: 150
Maximum Upload Slots: 50
Maximum Download Speed: 500
Maximum Upload Speed: 150
Maximum Half-Open Connections: 20
Maximum Connections Attempts per Second: 50

Per Torrent Bandwidth Usage:
Maximum Connections: 10
Maximum Upload Slots: 26
Maximum Download Speed: 500
Maximum Upload Speed: 150

Thanks!
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

What's your upload bandwidth? Is it 1.5mbps?

For DHT you need to allow UDP on your listening port.
Sciamano

Post by Sciamano »

johnnyg wrote:What's your upload bandwidth? Is it 1.5mbps?
My bandwidth is 10mbps half duplex. This means (for example) that if I'm downloading at 8mbps, my maximum upload bandwidth is of 2mps.
If I'm downloading at 1mbps, the maximum upload bandwidth is 9mbps.
To make it short: 10mbps-(bandwidth used for downloading in mbps)= maximum upload bandwidth..
johnnyg wrote:For DHT you need to allow UDP on your listening port.
I've done that, but mt ISP uses a NAT-based architecture, so I'm limited in this. Anyway, even after changing ports (and of course, after opening the same ports on the router) I still get only 158 DHT nodes, while I used to have more than 300 before. :?:
LorenzL
New User
New User

Post by LorenzL »

I have a similar problem. I noticed it already with the RC candidates, now again with the final release.
Once I activate a torrent and Deluge starts connecting to seeders and leeches, my internet basically locks up completely. After a rather long time, Deluge connects to a couple of seeders and the download speeder never goes above 3kb/s. At the same time, it appears that my complete bandwith is used, because I cannot access any websites anymore.

I'd be grateful for some suggestions concerning settings, etc. because I have made great experiences with the past versions of Deluge and I would love to go on using it.

Many thanks in advance!
pajaro

Post by pajaro »

Same problem here since deamonized version 0.9.09.

I have 800kbps (80KB/s) upload speed. The weirdest thing is that it collapses all my 80 KB/s but it says that the upload speed is 30KB/s. Where did the other 50KB/s go?
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

LorenzL wrote:I'd be grateful for some suggestions concerning settings, etc. because I have made great experiences with the past versions of Deluge and I would love to go on using it.

Many thanks in advance!
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq# ... shouldIuse
pajaro wrote:Same problem here since deamonized version 0.9.09.

I have 800kbps (80KB/s) upload speed. The weirdest thing is that it collapses all my 80 KB/s but it says that the upload speed is 30KB/s. Where did the other 50KB/s go?
what do you mean by "collapses"?
and what are your bandwidth settings?
denisesballs

Post by denisesballs »

I have to agree with this. I don't know which version exactly did it, but somewhere in the past few Deluge has began killing my network. If I open Deluge at all, I cannot surf the web at all. No matter how low I turn the download speed, upload speed, connections, etc. Using Transmission, everything is fine.