cant see enough information in Tracker Status [fixed in svn]

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
aeiah
New User
New User

cant see enough information in Tracker Status [fixed in svn]

Post by aeiah »

i cant see enough unformation in the Tracker Status section. im using deluge 1.0.0 on ubuntu 7.10. just installed it after using prior versions since it first got announced on the ubuntu forums all that time ago 8-)

i can't tell if its a server error, the tracker blocking my use of this client version, or any other kind of error because its cropping the error message. is there anywhere else in deluge that displays this information properly?

cheers
Last edited by aeiah on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
fyn
New User
New User

Re: cant see enough information in Tracker Status

Post by fyn »

Click the tab called Details to see if it gives you a better view of your error message. From your screencap it looks like you are viewing the Statistics.
aeiah
New User
New User

Post by aeiah »

it doesnt, sadly :( it tells me:

Tracker:

the tracker is blank... but the error report still exists on the statistics tab (and is still truncated). what the error is is probably to do with it not catching my login as its a private tracker, or perhaps it not understanding the version of deluge since its new, but the fact that i cant see the full error in deluge is a limitation of deluge. the actual error isnt deluge's fault.
fyn
New User
New User

Post by fyn »

If it's a private tracker that you are using try loging into the site again and re-downloading the torrent file directly from them. Private trackers usually incorporate a unique passkey into the torrent-file (to keep track of your ratio), so re-downloading the torrent-file from the site itself might solve your problem.

This will especially be the case if the original torrent-file you found was on a big indexing site like mininova and you downloaded if from mini prior joining the private site.

Edit:-

PS. Can you highlight the error message then copy & paste it? ie click on the start of it with your cursor & then hold shift and press the right-hand arrow key to highlight it all, inc the bits you cant see. Then right-click on the highlighted text and select copy - then paste the copied text so you can read it all.

It works on Deluge for me with smaller Tracker messages, so maybe it will let you get the whole message inc the hidden part.
Last edited by fyn on Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aeiah
New User
New User

Post by aeiah »

like i said, it isnt really deluge's problem that im getting errors, but i cant see what the error is because it is getting cropped now ive upgraded from the 0.5 branch to 1.0.0
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

aeiah wrote:i cant see enough unformation in the Tracker Status section. im using deluge 1.0.0 on ubuntu 7.10. just installed it after using prior versions since it first got announced on the ubuntu forums all that time ago 8-)

i can't tell if its a server error, the tracker blocking my use of this client version, or any other kind of error because its cropping the error message. is there anywhere else in deluge that displays this information properly?

cheers
This probably has to do with my magic hackery to extract the error message.. I'll take a look and see if I can make it a bit more robust.
aeiah
New User
New User

Post by aeiah »

after a closer look at the torrents that are doing this (all from the same tracker) its clear that it isnt cropping the message due to length, but most likely due to the colon ( : ) after http. it always ends at (http no matter the character length of the bit before it

copy and pasting gives me just what is displayed in the screenshot i provided. what area of the code does this error retrieval? i could have a poke around at the code as it seems to be a parsing error
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

aeiah wrote:after a closer look at the torrents that are doing this (all from the same tracker) its clear that it isnt cropping the message due to length, but most likely due to the colon ( : ) after http. it always ends at (http no matter the character length of the bit before it

copy and pasting gives me just what is displayed in the screenshot i provided. what area of the code does this error retrieval? i could have a poke around at the code as it seems to be a parsing error
It's already been fixed in svn.
aeiah
New User
New User

Post by aeiah »

nice 8-)
loki

Re: cant see enough information in Tracker Status [fixed in svn]

Post by loki »

Incidentally in 1.0.0 I found a torrent that shows an error message. It does scroll and continue across the window. It would be nice if there could be wordwrap or somehow disconnect it from the above since it does expand all the other informations columns above.