[Plugin] LabelPlus v0.3.2.2

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
feelfreetoblameme

Re: [Plugin] LabelPlus v0.3.1.0

Post by feelfreetoblameme »

Cas wrote:Sorry it's not really a labelplus issue, it's a problem we introduced in 1.3.9 when plugins add columns: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 21#p202385
Ah, thanks. I did search around for it but I missed that post. I'll try the fix outlined, cheers.
feelfreetoblameme

Post by feelfreetoblameme »

I used the listview.py file from the above link on my Ubuntu system and it worked to fix the issue. I copied it to usr/share/pyshared/deluge/ui/gtkui and now LabelPlus and torrent list view work together just fine.
timmymna

Post by timmymna »

feelfreetoblameme wrote:I used the listview.py file from the above link on my Ubuntu system and it worked to fix the issue. I copied it to usr/share/pyshared/deluge/ui/gtkui and now LabelPlus and torrent list view work together just fine.
Just wanted to add a quick post to say thanks for the plugin :)
I too had the same issue with 1.3.9 on Win 7 but replaced the listview.py and it's all up and running great!
elpopi
New User
New User

Post by elpopi »

Ratanak wrote:
Kalle wrote:I'm new to deluge and this plugin so maybe it's just noob-issues. Anyway, I can't seem to find the label contextmenu in WebUI?

I have attached two screenshots showing that the plugin is installed/activated (also the LabelPlus column is visible in the main window/frame) but no contextmenu is shown.
I can think of a couple reasons why it might not be working properly:

1) You might not be using the latest version.
2) Daemon needs to be restarted after downloading the latest version.
3) Browser may need to be restarted after installing latest version (due to browser caching).
4) Browser is incompatible.

2 and 3 are limitations of the plugin system.
4 would be something I could try to fix. Which browser are you using?
I'm having the same issues as the user Kalle: I just fresh installed ubuntu 14.04, deluge 1.3.10 and LabelPlus v.0.3.1.0 (py2.7). The LabelPlus extension works in Ubuntu but doesn't work in the webUI, no matter what browser I use.

I tried restarting ubuntu and deluge to no luck. I really like the extension, but would be better for my intended use in the WebUI. Any help appreciated
b9AcE
New User
New User

Post by b9AcE »

I'm migrating to Deluge and need to have torrents in categories depending on if the content is approved for archiving, incoming, ready for deletion, needs modification before archiving and so on.
To do this without excessively long label names, I simply prepend (normally) one or (sometimes) more character to the name of the source to reflect their status together with the source.
The problem is, one of the prepended characters I use ("_") is skipped by the add dialog so it's only possible to choose after the torrent has already been added.

When choosing characters to prepend, it was demanded the character be highly visible by being wide (the "-" character for example is in many fonts much more narrow than "_" so much less visible especially when in combination with for example "+").
Also taken into consideration was that some characters tend to potentially cause much more compatibility issues than others, such as "*", "%" or "&" for example and so these were excluded from the characters available for consideration.

Example:
Consider a torrent downloaded from a tracker we'll name ExampleTracker.
When it's initially added the label would be set to just "ExampleTracker".
If the content is approved, so it should be archived, it becomes "+ExampleTracker", whereas if it's to be deleted after seeding back it is instead labeled "_ExampleTracker" (this is where the problem arises).
If the content needs to be modified to conform with local standards before archiving I leave it in the torrent client to avoid data duplication but set the label to prepend a notation to this, so it becomes "!ExampleTracker".
I then combine these special characters so that "!+ExampleTracker" signifies that the content has been approved for archiving but requires modification or "+_ExampleTracker" signifies that the data HAS been archived and so is ready for deletion but will be seeded until disk space needs to be reclaimed or similar.

As you can probably guess, it becomes very difficult to follow this management standard if the labeling function displays "+ExampleTracker" as well as "+_ExampleTracker" both as "+ExampleTracker" in the add dialog.
Also, I am sure there must be users out there desiring to name labels with the "_" character in them for other reasons, such as maybe wanting a name like "Example_Tracker" instead of "Example Tracker" to prevent wrapping, increased width, ensuring it's considered a single value in external applications and so on.
Besides this, it also seems highly unnecessary for the labeling function to prevent labels from displaying characters in the add dialog that are available after they have been added.

Can this be fixed please?
The current primary platform is Deluge version 1.3.11 with Python version 2.7 (and the standard supplied libtorrent 0.16.18.0) on Windows 7 (64 bit).
I have not tested if it behaves the same way on any other platforms, but could provide testing on Gentoo Linux easily if that is requested.
Ratanak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Ratanak »

b9AcE wrote:Also, I am sure there must be users out there desiring to name labels with the "_" character in them for other reasons, such as maybe wanting a name like "Example_Tracker" instead of "Example Tracker" to prevent wrapping, increased width, ensuring it's considered a single value in external applications and so on.
Besides this, it also seems highly unnecessary for the labeling function to prevent labels from displaying characters in the add dialog that are available after they have been added.

Can this be fixed please?
The current primary platform is Deluge version 1.3.11 with Python version 2.7 (and the standard supplied libtorrent 0.16.18.0) on Windows 7 (64 bit).
I have not tested if it behaves the same way on any other platforms, but could provide testing on Gentoo Linux easily if that is requested.
I am a little confused. I'm on Windows 7 x64 as well and LabelPlus does not have the problem you mention. It does prevent some characters from being in label names (namely, the ones Windows does not allow), but underscore is certainly a character that is allowed.
b9AcE
New User
New User

Post by b9AcE »

That is very weird. Can anyone else confirm this behavior in either direction?
Or is there something else I can do to help get this fixed?
WarezMaster

Post by WarezMaster »

Hi, I just registered to tell you Ratanak that this is the most useful plugin ever created for an bittorrent client thank you so much. And that mr Dev Deluge does not include THIS! instead of the limited "label" is beyond :o me.
Ratanak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Ratanak »

elpopi wrote:I'm having the same issues as the user Kalle: I just fresh installed ubuntu 14.04, deluge 1.3.10 and LabelPlus v.0.3.1.0 (py2.7). The LabelPlus extension works in Ubuntu but doesn't work in the webUI, no matter what browser I use.

I tried restarting ubuntu and deluge to no luck. I really like the extension, but would be better for my intended use in the WebUI. Any help appreciated
I finally got around to installing Ubuntu 14.04.1 with Deluge 1.3.11 and everything seems to work correctly in the default browser Firefox. I should mention that there is currently limited webui support. It should add a column in the webui and when you right click a torrent, there should be a LabelPlus context menu that lets you assign a label. Everything else is not implemented (i.e. the LabelPlus sidebar, add/remove/modify functionalities).
b9AcE wrote:That is very weird. Can anyone else confirm this behavior in either direction?
Or is there something else I can do to help get this fixed?
Hmm... Are you sure it is LabelPlus and not the builtin Label plugin that you are using?
WarezMaster wrote:Hi, I just registered to tell you Ratanak that this is the most useful plugin ever created for an bittorrent client thank you so much. And that mr Dev Deluge does not include THIS! instead of the limited "label" is beyond :o me.
Thanks. It's always good to hear that people find the plugin useful.
elpopi
New User
New User

Post by elpopi »

Ratanak wrote:I finally got around to installing Ubuntu 14.04.1 with Deluge 1.3.11 and everything seems to work correctly in the default browser Firefox. I should mention that there is currently limited webui support. It should add a column in the webui and when you right click a torrent, there should be a LabelPlus context menu that lets you assign a label. Everything else is not implemented (i.e. the LabelPlus sidebar, add/remove/modify functionalities).
It's really strange as it seems to be working lately. When I login to the deluge webui for the first time (with any browser) it's not working, but it does work after a page refresh. 8-)
I see the right click and column options are the only ones implemented. Thank you very much for this great plugin.