Libtorrent 1.0.4 compiled - for those with speed issues

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Shryp

Re: Libtorrent 1.0.4 compiled - for those with speed issues

Post by Shryp »

I uploaded a copy of 1.0.5 if anyone wants to try it.

http://shryp.ashendust.com/deluge/libto ... .5.pyd.zip
JayMan

Post by JayMan »

installed, Deluge runs. Still doesn't want to seed. *sigh*
infoextreme

Post by infoextreme »

Shryp wrote:I uploaded a copy of 1.0.5 if anyone wants to try it.

http://shryp.ashendust.com/deluge/libto ... .5.pyd.zip
How to install deluge 1.3.11 + libtorrent 1.0.5 on windows 8.1 PRO x64 ??

My main system is linux, I will start using more windows
What is the difference between the two versions

http://download.deluge-torrent.org/wind ... -setup.exe
http://download.deluge-torrent.org/wind ... -setup.exe
infoextreme

Post by infoextreme »

Windows 8.1 PRO x64
16GB RAM - 2400Mhz
2x 512 SSD RAID 0

Deluge-1.3.11-win32-py2.7
libtorrent 1.0.5
plugin ltconfig maximum speed

Deluge does not respond (crash) when you get maximum speed download and upload.
Network 1Gbps
3GB Ram in use Deluge

No problem in linux
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

I think I might have just figured out one of the major issues here that is causing this to only work for some people. I built my version with python 2.7 and the default windows version is python 2.6.

I bet that is why it works for some people and not others. Could explain why removing all settings and doing a complete reinstall works for some people as well.

Python 2.7 install files are in the py2.7/ sub directory of the windows downloads.
infoextreme

Post by infoextreme »

I think my problem was crash on with the virtual memory, it he was disabled
Axel48
New User
New User

Post by Axel48 »

I tried..... Running Dell Inspiron 2310 AIO with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Deluge 1.3.11, backed up the libtorrent.pyd (0.16.18.0), replaced it with the libtorrent.pyd (1.0.4) as said...... Crash during startup:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "deluge\ui\gtkui\gtkui.py", line 349, in _on_reactor_start
File "deluge\ui\client.py", line 559, in start_classic_mode
File "deluge\ui\client.py", line 432, in __init__
File "deluge\core\daemon.py", line 136, in __init__
File "deluge\core\core.py", line 36, in <module>
File "deluge\_libtorrent.py", line 59, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

I tried to continue. The Deluge said it cannot run in classic mode and wanted to use Daemon.

I tried to continue but all configuration information was gone. So I decided to back to the previous libtorrent,pyd version. No way,

I have backup, but would like to get the libtorrent.pyd 1.0.4 to work so what to do? Why did I got this confusing error message at startup time?

I am not well experienced with these softwares and I don't have any C++ compiler available..... Grateful for tips otherwise I have to recreate from backup.

Addtitional information 1:

I learned that I could switch back to classic mode and how. This problem solverd and previous exceution state restored.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

Try the 1.0.5 version. Also, you might have to uninstall your deluge and install the py2.7 version.
Axel48
New User
New User

Post by Axel48 »

Thanks, Shryp.
This was my very first idea too. Therefore, the first thing I did was to get the 1.0.5 version, but I am not well experienced with the internals regarding Deluge and, furthermore, I don't have any C++ compiler since around 10 years. Whar I expected was a prepared setup for the libtorrent like a .msi or setup file for Windows, I am not prepared to compile nor developing/modifying the libtorrent.

If possible, I would prefer updates to the Deluge (and libtorrent) to be distributed via the official Deluge homepage via predefined automated installation packages rather than intercepting with the software myself according to sad experiences earlier in system maitenance due to local modifications and variants. I did not expected that the libtorrent source should need to be recompiled into my local system and I don't have the knowledge about the internals in the software nor the tools required to make such things with a - to me - new software package including diagnoostics and compilation error corrections. Of course, this is an one-time task for learning more about the software, but it is time-consuming and I don't have any end consumer of the results - I am myself an end consumer of the Deluge!

I've never worried about the Python and I am not fully aware about what version is currently installed in the Microsoft Windows x64 Ultimate environmant, but probably it would be version 2.6 but I don't even see Python as being an installed software here!
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

Axel48:

You don't have to compile anything. Also, you don't need python installed on your computer. It is automatically included with deluge as a runtime.

Uninstall deluge from your computer. (The add/remove thing will leave your settings and current downloads in the app data folder)
Install the py2.7 version: http://download.deluge-torrent.org/wind ... -setup.exe
Download the libtorrent 1.0.5: http://shryp.ashendust.com/deluge/libto ... .5.pyd.zip
Extract the libtorrent zip file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\libtorrent.pyd

That is all you need to do. The only step needed is unzipping the new libtorrent.pyd file, but I think you need to be using the py2.7 version for it to work properly so easiest to just start over for that.