[Solved] Invisible torrents (RC3?)

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
josephj

Re: Invisible torrents (RC3?)

Post by josephj »

I'd like to try your suggested svn, but I've never used svn before. I just installed kdesvn, but I'm not clear on how to invoke it. Can you tell me how to install your svn code for kubuntu hardy (x86)?

Thanks.

Joe
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

josephj wrote:I'd like to try your suggested svn, but I've never used svn before. I just installed kdesvn, but I'm not clear on how to invoke it. Can you tell me how to install your svn code for kubuntu hardy (x86)?

Thanks.

Joe
never used kdesvn, normally you just install subversion:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install subversion
you can then follow this faq: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq# ... tall1.1SVN
josephj

Post by josephj »

Sorry if this is a repost, but I don't see the original.

I'd like to try your patched code, but I've never used svn before. I installed kdesvn, but I don't know how to invoke it.
Can you tell me how to install the code for kubuntu hardy x386?

Thanks.

Joe
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

josephj wrote:Sorry if this is a repost, but I don't see the original.

I'd like to try your patched code, but I've never used svn before. I installed kdesvn, but I don't know how to invoke it.
Can you tell me how to install the code for kubuntu hardy x386?

Thanks.

Joe
Just use the 1.1.0 package.
josephj

Post by josephj »

I just went through your very clear and detailed instructions on installing from svn.
I checked out rev 4530. Everything went fine until the end (tail of the messages below).
Are these normal "development" messages, or is there something that needs to be fixed?

Joe

running egg_info
creating deluge.egg-info
writing deluge.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing top-level names to deluge.egg-info/top_level.txt
writing dependency_links to deluge.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
writing entry points to deluge.egg-info/entry_points.txt
writing manifest file 'deluge.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 416, in <module>
    version = "1.1.0",
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/distutils/core.py", line 151, in setup
    dist.run_commands()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/distutils/dist.py", line 974, in run_commands
    self.run_command(cmd)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/distutils/dist.py", line 994, in run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
  File "setup.py", line 318, in run
    self.run_command(cmd_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/distutils/cmd.py", line 333, in run_command
    self.distribution.run_command(command)
    cmd_obj.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools/command/install_lib.py", line 20, in run
    self.build()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/distutils/command/install_lib.py", line 110, in build
    self.run_command('build_py')
    cmd_obj.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools/command/build_py.py", line 31, in run
    self.build_package_data()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools/command/build_py.py", line 76, in build_package_data
    for package, src_dir, build_dir, filenames in self.data_files:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools/command/build_py.py", line 39, in __getattr__
    self.data_files = files = self._get_data_files(); return files
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools/command/build_py.py", line 44, in _get_data_files
    self.analyze_manifest()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools/command/build_py.py", line 92, in analyze_manifest
    self.run_command('egg_info')
    cmd_obj.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools/command/egg_info.py", line 171, in run
    self.find_sources()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools/command/egg_info.py", line 252, in find_sources
    mm.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools/command/egg_info.py", line 306, in run
    self.add_defaults()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools/command/egg_info.py", line 333, in add_defaults
    rcfiles = list(walk_revctrl())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools/command/sdist.py", line 45, in walk_revctrl
    for item in ep.load()(dirname):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools/command/sdist.py", line 52, in _default_revctrl
    for path in finder(dirname,path):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools/command/sdist.py", line 98, in entries_finder
    log.warn("unrecognized .svn/entries format in %s", dirname)
NameError: global name 'log' is not defined
Vortex
New User
New User

Post by Vortex »

The problem of invisible torrents is present also in the new 1.1.0 final version.... :cry:
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

Vortex wrote:The problem of invisible torrents is present also in the new 1.1.0 final version.... :cry:
Please provide a debug log for both the gtk client and the daemon.
Mindzai

Post by Mindzai »

Vortex wrote:The problem of invisible torrents is present also in the new 1.1.0 final version.... :cry:
Same here. Clients see the changes fine, the GtkUi on the server seems to reach a point where it does not see any new torrents, although the counts under each section to the left are correct. A restart of the GtkUi fixes this temporarily.

deluge.log is empty.
deluged.log:

File "C:\Program Files\deluge\Lib\site-packages\deluge\core\torrentmanager.py", line 740, in on_alert_torrent_resumed
    torrent.update_state()
  File "C:\Program Files\deluge\Lib\site-packages\deluge\core\torrent.py", line 356, in update_state
    log.debug("session.is_paused: %s", component.get("Core").session.is_paused())
AttributeError: Core instance has no attribute 'session'
  File "C:\Program Files\deluge\Lib\site-packages\deluge\core\torrentmanager.py", line 740, in on_alert_torrent_resumed
    torrent.update_state()
  File "C:\Program Files\deluge\Lib\site-packages\deluge\core\torrent.py", line 356, in update_state
    torrent.update_state()
    torrent.update_state()
  File "C:\Program Files\deluge\Lib\site-packages\deluge\core\torrentmanager.py", line 645, in on_alert_torrent_paused
    self.torrents[torrent_id].update_state()
  File "C:\Program Files\deluge\Lib\site-packages\deluge\core\torrentmanager.py", line 645, in on_alert_torrent_paused
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

Mindzai wrote:
Same here. Clients see the changes fine, the GtkUi on the server seems to reach a point where it does not see any new torrents, although the counts under each section to the left are correct. A restart of the GtkUi fixes this temporarily.

deluge.log is empty.
deluged.log:

torrent.update_state()
    torrent.update_state()
    torrent.update_state()
    torrent.update_state()
That looks like you might have a borked installed. I would suggest un/reinstaling..
josephj

Post by josephj »

Downloaded and installed 1.1 today. All my invisible torrents became visible again.

Thanks for getting it right.

Joe