Performance/lag issues in RC5

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Bard09

Performance/lag issues in RC5

Post by Bard09 »

Just upgraded to RC5 because I'm particularly excited about some of the new features (WebUI and daemon mode, especially).

However, on my Windows Vista 32-bit machine I'm having significant performance problems in the UI of RC5. From clicking on a button or tab, to dragging the window around, to doing virtually anything, there is about a 1 second delay. It's almost as if the application is polling for UI changes every .5 seconds.

In one test, I dragged the main torrent window around. It would freeze in one spot, hang there, freeze in a new spot (based off of where I had dragged .5 sec earlier), and repeat.

I also noticed a bug, albeit a small one. To get the version information I went to Help -> About, but About did not bring up anything. Perhaps not a big defect, per say, but it's definitely not working for me.

\Running processes that are Deluge-related:

Deluge.exe 224k
Deluged.exe 224k
Python.exe 20,248k
Python.exe 26,568k

Let me know if there's any log files or performance metrics you need, and I'll do my best to get them to you.
EASYxTARGET

Re: Performance/lag issues in RC5

Post by EASYxTARGET »

Same problem but on XP Media Center Edition SP2.
loki

Post by loki »

I think it might be the bug explained in the RC thread mvoncken just figured out. I don't know if it affects XP users though, I used workaround #1
http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 170#p38535

Worth a try at least, see if it fixes it. Oh and RC6 now...
Bard09

Post by Bard09 »

The 127.0.0.1 fix worked for me using RC5 on Vista 32-bit! It's nice to have a speedy client again. Can't wait to set up v1.0 on my headless server when it is released.
timmy8765
New User
New User

Post by timmy8765 »

RC6 and XP SP3 here, getting the same problem. the 127.0.0.1 fix did not work for me.
spongeblunt

Post by spongeblunt »

Same issue here on XP SP3, the lag is actually causing problems with the client's operation. I was using it on a well seeded torrent earlier and was receiving 0.3kb/s transfer. I switched back from 0.9.04 to 0.5.9.3 and the speed shot up to ~600kb/sec. Same torrent, same settings - even the lag was gone.

Whatever it was that changed majorly in the program between these two versions does not seem to be helping it operate as a torrent client so well anymore. Shame because until the recent release this was the best torrent client I'd come across.
net7runner

Post by net7runner »

This is still an issue for 1.0/1.0.2. Things seem to be "tolerable" if I'm only seeding, but once I start downloading, the UI gets incredibly unresponsive. Downloading speed is similarly gimped as others have mentioned (~40k/s when it should be ~400). Also, the UI seems to lose its connection to the daemon quite frequently - I can't tell if this is due to the daemon crashing or just some noise in the pipes...
roger_ramjet

Post by roger_ramjet »

I am getting these issues in XP 32 bit SP3 running Deluge 1.07.

I think it started in 1.06 from memory for me?
the UI is pretty much unusable.

Any fixes?
noian

Post by noian »

No idea, but I'd switch back to 0.5.x for now (although I'm still on SP2 on my XP computer), works fine for me (except for this one website incompatibility).