Relocate torrect

barjac

Re: Relocate torrent

Post by barjac »

andar wrote: loki wrote:I tested folder renaming in RC1, I guess it did work, but looked like it didn't because the displayed folder name goes back to what it was before the name change. It leaves behind an empty folder of the old name.

That's strange..
Not really!
In RC1 I can not even re-seed existing packs of files under the original names, never mind new ones. Deluge forces creation of a new folder inside an existing pack folder. I had to copy the originals into the new folder before it would accept them.
I had been waiting for this feature since 0.5 but I have finally given up on Deluge after it again corrupted four episodes of a six part series. It refused to re-check four of the six and insisted on starting to download over the originals.
Even 1.0.4 was better than this, so, with regret I have re-installed Azureus/Vuze and hey presto it works - no hassle - point it at the destination folder and it checks the file and starts seeding. Even downloads its own updates as a torrent.
Sorry folks but I have learned my lesson.

Mandriva Linux 2009.0
Last edited by barjac on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Relocate torrect

Post by andar »

barjac wrote:
andar wrote: loki wrote:I tested folder renaming in RC1, I guess it did work, but looked like it didn't because the displayed folder name goes back to what it was before the name change. It leaves behind an empty folder of the old name.

That's strange..
Not really!
In RC1 I can not even re-seed existing packs of files under the original names, never mind new ones. Deluge forces creation of a new folder inside an existing pack folder. I had to copy the originals into the new folder before it would accept them.
I had been waiting for this feature since 0.5 but I have finally given up on Deluge after it again corrupted four episodes of a six part series. It refused to re-check four of the six and insisted on starting to download over the originals.
Even 1.0.4 was better than this, so, with regret I have re-installed Azureus/Vuze and hey presto it works - no hassle - point it at the destination folder and it checks the file and starts seeding. Even downloads its own updates as a torrent.
Sorry folks but I have learned my lesson.

Mandriva Linux 2009.0
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
barjac

Re: Relocate torrect

Post by barjac »

andar wrote:
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
No - I have crept very slowly through it ;)
I have persevered for a long time and even recommended Deluge in the past.
It seems to me that basic functionality is missing or broken, especially in regard to file handling.
Surely these things are critical and should be addressed first.
You don't spend all day tuning the engine when the back wheel is hanging off!
I have found this forum helpful and friendly and really don't want to leave, I will check back in six months or so and see if things have improved.
Bye for now.