How do I set Deluge as my default BitTorrent program?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
quo vadis

Post by quo vadis »

In the FAQ:

- On Windows, the installer will ask you if you want Deluge to be your default BitTorrent program.

Unfortunately it didn't.... :roll: Vuze/Azureus is still the default BitTorrent program. If I download a .torrent I can choose deluge.exe as program, but nothing happens. Which file do I have to choose to have Deluge automatically open the torrent?
jesperl

Re: How do I set Deluge as my default BitTorrent program?

Post by jesperl »

Does Deluge show up if you right click on a .torrent file in explorer and choose "open with"? If so, you should be able to change the default program by selecting Deluge and checking the box with "do this everytime" (I don't have UK/US WinXP, so I am not sure about the correct wording/label, but you can't miss). In any case, windows explorer (not to be confused with IE) is the place to change this.
quo vadis

Post by quo vadis »

I can choose from :
\deluge\deluge.cmd
\deluge\scripts\deluge.cmd
\deluge\scripts\deluge2.cmd
\deluge\scripts\deluge.exe
\deluge\scripts\deluged.cmd
\deluge\scripts\deluged2.cmd
\deluge\scripts\deluged.exe

When I choose deluge2.cmd it starts the program, but doesn't add the .torrent. I can add .torrent manually when the program is running and I push the "+" If I choose "from file".

I de-installed and installed deluge, again the installer didn't ask if I want Deluge to be my default BitTorrent program...
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

On my WinXP system, .torrent files are associated with deluge.cmd (the first on your list)

The installer took care of that. I did not have a previous association for .torrent when I installed deluge (perhaps the deluge installer respects that you have another default program for torrents). Maybe that's the difference between your setup and mine?