Exclude files from webui?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
khalis
New User
New User

Exclude files from webui?

Post by khalis »

I'm running 1.0.5 on Ubuntu 8.10 from a headless server with the webui frontend.

Just wanted to say that file exclusion from the webui doesn't seem to work at all. If I set all the files in a torrent to "X" then deluge still downloads all of that torrent regardless of the setting given. ++ does seem to make those files prioritized, but x for sure does not stop them from being downloaded.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Exclude files from webui?

Post by markybob »

khalis wrote:I'm running 1.0.5 on Ubuntu 8.10 from a headless server with the webui frontend.

Just wanted to say that file exclusion from the webui doesn't seem to work at all. If I set all the files in a torrent to "X" then deluge still downloads all of that torrent regardless of the setting given. ++ does seem to make those files prioritized, but x for sure does not stop them from being downloaded.
you need to be more specific. which template? are you selecting files before adding, or after? also, please upgrade. reporting problems with old versions is pretty pointless.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

You are probably using Compact allocation and setting file priorities does not work with this allocation type.
khalis
New User
New User

Post by khalis »

markybob wrote:
khalis wrote:I'm running 1.0.5 on Ubuntu 8.10 from a headless server with the webui frontend.

you need to be more specific. which template? are you selecting files before adding, or after? also, please upgrade. reporting problems with old versions is pretty pointless.
Well, that's less than a polite response...?

I'll try upgrading and see if that makes a difference, then I'll get some steps to reproduce. I selected files after adding the torrent and it saved changes between requests, so clearly it was stored somewhere. Also, using the 'classic' template, but I don't see how that should make any difference.
andar wrote:You are probably using Compact allocation and setting file priorities does not work with this allocation type.
Compact allocation is off, but thanks for the response.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

khalis wrote:Well, that's less than a polite response...?
I'll try upgrading and see if that makes a difference, then I'll get some steps to reproduce. I selected files after adding the torrent and it saved changes between requests, so clearly it was stored somewhere. Also, using the 'classic' template, but I don't see how that should make any difference.
what was so impolite about it? i even said "please upgrade". now i'm being impolite: waaahh.
if you change the priority *after* adding, then it's easy to see how they could've been created and partially download before you changed the priority to dont download. the template matters because none of them are finished and each has its own bugs. furthermore, http://deluge-torrent.org/faq.php#6n41
khalis
New User
New User

Post by khalis »

markybob wrote:what was so impolite about it? i even said "please upgrade". now i'm being impolite: waaahh.
if you change the priority *after* adding, then it's easy to see how they could've been created and partially download before you changed the priority to dont download. the template matters because none of them are finished and each has its own bugs. furthermore, http://deluge-torrent.org/faq.php#6n41
For the quick response with helpful information, thank you. Seriously didn't mean to offend, just thought your first post sounded a bit rude. Jeeze.

Back to the point: I've installed 1.0.7-1 and given it a test and it seems to work correctly. I'm guessing the webui was storing the file priorities itself (since it did seem to remember them) but not propagating the changes to the daemon correctly. Just for the record though, the steps to reproduce in 1.0.5 are:

1. Add a torrent with multiple files, start paused
2. Set file priorities before starting the torrent, set all files to exlude
3. Start the torrent and it will download everything regardless of priority

Strangely enough I did find that the + and ++ priorities worked okay.