Problems running deluge on FreeBSD 7.0

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Problems running deluge on FreeBSD 7.0

Post by Spadge »

Hi everyone. I'm new here.

I just installed deluge from ports on a FreeBSD 7.0 machine, and am having no luck whatsoever getting it to do anything at all.

I run deluge on the commandline, using 'deluge --ui web' (headless box here), and it just sits there. It says nothing about anything, no messages or errors, just sits there like it's running, but it's not creating any config files, or anything.

I've had a look through /var/log for mention of any problems, but I'm drawing a blank there too.

I fear I'm having a major n00b moment here, and am missing something fundamental about how to start this thing. I've tried searching this forum for hints, and have hit up google pretty hard, but nothing leaps up to my eyes.

Any help or hints anyone could throw me would be most gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Problems running deluge on FreeBSD 7.0

Post by Spadge »

And here's the answer I was looking for ... http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 5+9#p36795

So basically, the version in ports is useless to about 99% of FreeBSD users? :(

The quest for a decent working headless remotely-controllable bittorrent client continues.

Thanks.
loki

Post by loki »

What version were you running?
If you're running 1.0 with the webui, you can configure it in the browser. http://localhost:8112/ default-password = "deluge"
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Spadge »

Ports has 5.9.something.

I've been trying to get V1 installed, but it's being picky about dependencies. :)
Spadge
Seeder
Seeder

Post by Spadge »

OK, I feel like I am getting somewhere now. :)

V1.07 has compiled and installed. The core daemon thingy runs. Trouble is, I can't get either the web ui or the null ui to start without bombing out.

And then rather than paste that huge long traceback as I was about to, I figured I'd go read that post I saw earlier on my travels around the place about having to manually hack a few files to sort out gettext instead. Edited the files, fired it all up again, and LO! it's working and I think I'm in love.

I am actually seeding, which is more than azureus and bitflu could manage between them.

Thanks!