Scheduler - maximum active torrents

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
binaryrawr

Scheduler - maximum active torrents

Post by binaryrawr »

Hi all,

I love the client but due to connection sharing with the rest of my flatmates I need to use the scheduler to limit my bandwidth between certain hours. The scheduler works fine except the maximum active torrents option has a maximum value of 128. I want to be able to set the schedule to allow unlimited - or at least 300 - active torrents, but to limit the bandwidth. Deluge can handle that many active torrents, and the scheduler handles bandwidth limiting well. Without the scheduler active Deluge will handle 300 torrents without a problem. But with the scheduler active, it keeps changing my maximum active torrents to 128.

To summarize: Trying to increase the maximum number of active torrents in global preferences to numbers larger than 128 works fine, but trying to increase the maximum number of active torrents in the scheduler preferences doesn't allow me to use any number above 128. Using -1 to try and force it to allow infinite active torrents doesn't do the job either.

Any hints? If the scheduler plug-in is written in python, can I edit the scheduler code? If not, is there a workaround? At the moment I have to manually reset the maximum active torrents to 300 in global preferences every time I load Deluge or every time the scheduler changes mode.

EDIT:
I tried changing scheduler.conf - I changed these values:

Code: Select all

aF128.0
aF128.0
aF200.0
aF128.0
aF128.0
aF200.0
aa.
to these values instead:

Code: Select all

aF128.0
aF500.0
aF500.0
aF500.0
aF500.0
aF500.0
aa.
I don't know if it made a difference but going to the scheduler preferences resets the values back to 128 again and effectively reverts my changes to scheduler.conf so I'm not convinced it will do me any good.
binaryrawr

Re: Scheduler - maximum active torrents

Post by binaryrawr »

So, I realised I was running a very old version of Deluge (the one in the Ubuntu repository). I upgraded to 1.06 and found no scheduler at all! I'm considering downgrading; a slightly broken scheduler is far better than no scheduler at all.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Scheduler - maximum active torrents

Post by johnnyg »

correct, there is currently no scheduler plugin for the 1.0 series.
you can either downgrade to 0.5.9.4 or use the alternatives.