Deluge Speed

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Jota07

Deluge Speed

Post by Jota07 »

Cheers mates. I've installed recently Linux on my PC.

What is happening to me is that something is wrong with my Download Speed. With Upload it seems to be fine.

Here's the deal: When I'm downloading more than one torrent at one time, the speed is quite low, and when I'm downloading only one, I get full speed. I've put the Connections Limit to unlimited, but is not working...

There are 2 attached screens to show how do my speed behave when I have one or two torrents downloading at the same time.

Cheers

P.S: Translation, because I'm Portuguese.

Fontes = Seeds
Pontos = Peers
Velocidade de recepção = Download Speed
Velocidade de Envio = Upload Speed
Screenshot-Deluge.png
Screenshot-Deluge.png (82.49 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
The attachment Screenshot-Deluge.png is no longer available
Attachments
Screenshot-Deluge-1.png
Screenshot-Deluge-1.png (82.19 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
Tares

Re: Deluge Speed

Post by Tares »

The deal is that you probably have to much connectins. In Options/Bandwidth put maximum connections to like 300, and for per torrent maximum connections around 100. See then if its working.
Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala amd64
Jota07

Post by Jota07 »

Tares wrote:The deal is that you probably have to much connectins. In Options/Bandwidth put maximum connections to like 300, and for per torrent maximum connections around 100. See then if its working.
I thought that if I had Unlimited Connections, I would get more seeds and higher speed. I'll try it.

Thanks

Edit: Not working.
badpete

Post by badpete »

I also have issues with the download speed. Using Ubuntu 8.10

Have 10 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up. Get great upload speeds, but DL is terrible. Lucky to get 6 Kbps download on a torrent. Tried Open office and it ripped up to over 100 then plummeted. Uploads will go up to 60 Kbps often for a single torrent. Set at unlimited.

Forwarding appears to be working well and I have also opened a port on my router.

Installed uTorrent on Windows XP (same machine, router) and same torrent is doing 60 - 160 Kbps DL (someone is surfing on the other computer on the network). Down in hours not weeks. Default installation.

Pawed through the net and forums and tried lots of things and just can't get my DL rate up. My share ratios are fantastic with high UL rates ;), but I would like to actually see the DL on my hard drive someday soon...

Interestingly uTorrent does not get the same upload rates... appears to not achieve the high numbers that Deluge does... Not bad though.

I have a selection of torrents with lots of seeds, lots of peers and with equal numbers of each, 1000+ peers, etc...
Tried number of connections (lots/little), and other things mentioned in posts.

Will come back to Deluge sometime. Like to see that it comes from Canada, but uTorrent in Windows is doing it for me now...

Thanks
clarknova

Post by clarknova »

Server: Ubuntu 8.04 amd64 deluged 1.0.6r
Client: Ubuntu (deluge 1.0.6r) and Windows (web ui)

Not sure if this is the same issue, but until we find out otherwise, I'll post here.

Sometimes I have individual torrents that stop downloading. Other torrents continue to download fine. Global bandwidth is healthy, i.e., anywhere from 30-100% of my max bandwidth. And yet for days, I can watch my ratio go up as I upload a well-seeded torrent but download nothing. A simple restart of the deluged server will get those torrents downloading again.

I suspect the same thing is happening with my uploads. Sometimes I can seed for days and never see a number in the Up Speed column, even though the torrent is not well seeded and should be uploading. This is a little harder to confirm though, because I don't know for sure that other peers need my seed, or that my upload bandwidth isn't being dominated by other seeds.

In summary, some of my torrents will cease flowing in one direction, while global bandwidth is neither suspiciously low nor high.

I believe I saw the same thing using 1.0.5.

db
db